Solved

My calls keep getting cut off

• 28 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have an iPhone 5S and keep getting cut off after a few minutes conversation on speaker phone at home. I have checked coverage for my home area (PR2 7AZ) and it states OK for 3G but states N/A for 4G though the 5S is supposed to handle 4G. Is there a setting on my phone that is not correct limiting call length? Or is it my Internet provider, TalkTalk’s problem?

I am getting really frustrated!!!

icon

Best answer by Rory 1 November 2020, 12:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Kenneth, sorry to hear about this issue you’re having. I’ve also checked your postcode (I’m in Ashton-on-Ribble, by the way!) using our coverage checker and while it’s showing as Very Good Service for both 3G and 4G generally, I’ve detected some issues with the mast at Thornton Avenue in Fulwood which may be causing some issues.

The issues started on October 28th. Does that line up with when the issue started, or has it been going on for longer than this? Either way, Three’s engineers are aware and will be working on a fix as we speak.

You mention TalkTalk - are you using Wi-Fi Calling? If so, perhaps try disabling this and see what happens? It’s always worth rebooting your phone too, as this tends to mix the majority of network problems.

Generally speaking, with call issues, the more information you can give us the better. So, when the issue started, where it happens (i.e, just at home or out and about too) and that sort of thing. 

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?