Solved

Unanswered calls

• 23 September 2020
  • 12 replies

When anybody phones my number and it’s unanswered by me the caller is told the number is unrecognised. I’ve gone through the set up procedure several times and my voicemail selection is always confirmed when I dial 123. I’ve tried explaining  the problem  to a LiveChat agent but he seems incapable of understanding the problem. His only suggestion was to raise a complaint which would be looked into within seven days. Is this really a way to run a mobile service? I’m beginning to regret moving from Vodafone.

icon

Best answer by dgilbert2 24 October 2020, 09:37

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1

try entering **61*07782333123# into the phones keypad and press ‘call’.

This should now go to voicemail if not answered in around 30seconds?

Userlevel 1

try entering **61*07782333123# into the phones keypad and press ‘call’.

This should now go to voicemail if not answered in around 30seconds?

PS I found you may have to repeat this 2-3 times until you see a message containing “...successful…..”

Thank you so much dgilbert12 your suggestion worked. I’ve also noticed that if you change the time duration for unanswered call it is necessary to re-enter the number you provided for me.

Userlevel 1

@Kendrick glad it worked for you :wink:

BTW, have you managed now to change the time duration for unanswered calls AND got the Voicemail to then pick up the call? If so, how did you manage that? I can only get it to work with 30 seconds :upside_down:  

Enter **61*123**?# Where I’ve indicated the question mark symbol you simply replace it with either 10,15 or 20.

You will then need  to to dial **61*07782333123# to confirm the voicemail changes you’ve made.

This procedure has worked on my wife’s and my phone too so hopefully it will work for you.

Good luck

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply @Kendrick .

I’ve tried your 2 stage approach a few times and every time I do **61*07782333123# it seems to put me back at 30 seconds. Oh well, will need to leave it at that :pensive:

By coincidence I had a call from ID Customer Complaints today - I explained that I no longer had a problem, interestingly he was unaware of the number I had used to confirm the duration of voicemail pickup. He was going to investigate with his technical team to see if this was a company issued number.

You may find it useful to speak to LiveChat again to resolve your issue as waiting 30 seconds for voicemail pickup is clearly very inconvenient.

Userlevel 1

I will give live chat a try, wish me luck! :thinking: .

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @dgilbert2,

If you need further help, you can continue this conversation with our Support Team via PM, but I feel you may already be on the way with speaking to them about this anyway. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Userlevel 1

This has finally started to work for me by using the exact “code” below;

**61*447782333123**15#

Is this example the delay before voicemail answers the call is set to 15 seconds but this number can be changed as required.

Good to hear that you’re finally sorted but I think ID Mobile need to introduce a simpler procedure to set the voicemail system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Kendrick, do you still need help with this or did the Live Chat team sort it?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?