Question

Number/contact issues

I got my phone in January and transferred the number across from my old network immediately however I still have several issues contacting people that are becoming very frustrating;

• ordinary text messages don’t send, I don’t contact that many people via text anymore but when I do the messages say undelivered even if they have been sent sometimes 6/7 times to the recipient or people only get half a message
  • two different numbers apparently show up for me when using iMessage/text so people don’t know it’s me, the same has happened when I try and FaceTime it shows up with what I assume is the old ID number not my current number that I transferred over 
  • when people have tried to FaceTime me it says number not recognised 
  • I’ve also had some people say that even just calling me it says the number doesn’t work.

The text issue isn’t to do with coverage as I was previously told as I always have 2/3 bars when i’m trying to send message and tried in multiple rooms of the house. As for the other issues it seems that two numbers are perhaps linked to this phone even though the transfer did go through. Please help as it is making it difficult to contact certain people at this point.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Steffii,

That certainly doesn’t sound great, and must be very frustrating. May I ask if you have tried rebooting your phone, and if it is on the latest software update?

Hi Sian,

Thank you for your reply!

I have tried rebooting the phone and the latest software update is installed so I’m at a loss now.. the messages not sending must be a service issue but I always have signal when I try and send texts and no matter how many bars I have I always get the undelivered message. Can’t seem to find a way of contacting ID either which isn’t very helpful..

Thank you for getting back to me! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Steffii,

Thanks for trying that for us. Please can you take a look at the following steps to see if this helps? Please try each one in order and let us know how that goes.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

In regards to contacting us, if you need further help after this then we can help you via private message but you can also contact us via Live Chat here.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?