Question

4g calling - Samsung A40

Userlevel 1

Can someone help my 4g calling goes on to h+ samsung a40

16 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just recently brought the Samsung a40 wifi calling feature is on but it's not working 4g calling is on but goes.to H+ 

Userlevel 1

I have 4g lte on but the calls are going through H+

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @06carloss0121 

Are you in the UK currently or overseas?

If you’re in the UK, could we get the postcode for where you’re experiencing problems?

Do texts/ data work ok?

Userlevel 1

Yes B314JS 

Userlevel 1

Everything ok else works its just the wifi calling and 4g calling don't seem to work I get a good 4g coverage 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @06carloss0121, have you been able to try this at all on any other WiFi networks?

Just to test if this is the case on ALL Wifi networks, or perhaps just an issue at your home.

Userlevel 1

I try to make a phone call on volteand its dropping to H+ if turned the volte on and off still not working this was ee branded phone not getting much help Samsung a40

Userlevel 1

Can someone help I brought a Samsung a40 it was on ee but its unlocked in using I'd mobile it had the wifi calling feature and volte calling none of them work 

Userlevel 1

I make a call and it goes down to h+ and it's the same with wifi calling Samsung a40  had  no luck what so ever and I have recently done a internet speed test been really slow

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @06carloss0121 

Do you happen to have another SIM in your house that is not on iD Mobile or EE?

We’ve seen cases in the past were phones which were previously locked to EE, have also been flashed with firmware (by EE) which makes certain features of the phone in question only available to EE customers.

So it would be interesting to see if the WiFi calling works with other networks.

Userlevel 1

True I don't no my self 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @06carloss0121,

Are you connected to 4G/LTE prior to making a call 

Have you tested this away from your home just to rule out that the area may not have 4G Calling masts available?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I'm sure they do can u check for me and my local mast B314JS 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @06carloss0121,

Have you been able to check it for us away from home yet?

Will

Userlevel 1

Yes still the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @06carloss0121,

There is a 4G 1800 & 4G 2100 mast at this postcode and both are functioning fine.

No outages showing so it looks like the issue is down to the settings from the firmware as opposed to the network.

You can try doing Reset network settings in the device settings. It will mean WiFi passwords are lost etc.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?