Solved

Android 11 upgrade

• 15 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi. iD supplied me with a Motorola E6s at the end of July 2020, and it is fine. Will I be able to upgrade to Android 11 at some point. Having said that, my handset only appears to run on Android 9 - I had thought it was 10.

Please advise. 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 16 September 2020, 20:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @thejonester,

Android updates are generally released by the manufacturer when available as we (the network) won’t be holding it back for any network-specific changes.

A Google search however states that Motorola will not be releasing Android 10 for that device model right now but you would be best advised to contact Motorola to find out if they have a software release scheduled for your phone in the future.

Ryan

Hi

Thanks for the reply. 

I contacted Motorola in the first instance, but their response was less than helpful, as below

1)

Hi! Unfortunately, we cannot provide information about Android releases at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience

Sara

2)

Hi there!

As we care about all our products alike, we aim to make the update experience as smooth as possible for you. We test and tailor all updates before release, crosscheck compatibility with 3rd party applications, and carefully listen to you and millions of other Motorola owners. Therefore, updates are released only after we are sure that you will be able to enjoy all-new features and functionalities on your phone.

The release date is sometimes dependent on carriers and other key partners. Certifications, independent testing, or requests for additional changes will sometimes extend our evaluation time. Once all the final testing has been completed and the software is ready, your phone will notify you; giving you the option to download and install the new software.

Thank you - Marta

Hence the reason for contacting iD.

I did try Google, but obviously failed to find the item you did. Please could you forward the link?

@Ryan 

Have you received my response to your reply? Not nagging, just interested/checking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @thejonester,

iD Mobile uses the Three UK network so before any updates are approved it would likely be through Three UK.

Unfortunately, our Team does not have any information on software updates we can provide.

Sorry, we couldn’t be of much help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?