Solved

Android apps without icons

Userlevel 1

Hi. I have recently got a Samsung A20e.  All the apps I copied over from my old phone are fine but I have problems installing new ones.

When I install a new app, it works fine.  But the icon doesn't appear on my screen. I have looked on all screens and in all folders, no icon anywhere. 

If I go back into the play store, the app is there and ready to open.  It's only the icon that is missing.

Marc

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 July 2020, 12:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @darcmarc 

You don’t perhaps have something set in your phone to hide apps do you?

This guide may potentially help if so:

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-hide-files-photos-apps-android-652711/#:~:text=To%20disable%20an%20app%2C%20head,on%20your%20phone%20and%20Android

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin

Thanks for that.  I’m afraid it hasn’t sorted my problem out though.  The guide basically says three things:

1. my apps could be hidden because I’ve specifically downloaded an app that allows me to hide them.  I haven’t.
  2. my apps could be disabled so I can’t see or use them.  I can’t see them, but I can use them - I have to go into the app store, find the app and press “Open”.
  3. I could have gone into the app drawer, then selected “Hide app”.  I haven’t consciously done this (I also don’t know what an app drawer is

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Marc

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @darcmarc,

The apps are in the app drawer.

Follow the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/where-is-the-apps-button-on-my-home-screen-how-do-i-find-all-my-apps/

You will need to change your app settings that will put apps onto your home screen moving forward for any apps you install.

By default, on newer Android devices, apps do not automatically appear on the home screen.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed

Thanks for the advice, that sorted out my problem. 

Marc

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @darcmarc

Glad to hear this fixed the issue!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?