Caller ID and Call Forwarding not working

Badge +10

Issues with Caller ID and Call Forwarding not working - quick fix solution

Call Forwarding short codes
from your phones dial keypad type one of the following:

Turn on call forwarding to a number (prevents calls to your number)
*21*PhoneNumber#    then press send

Turn off forwarding
##21#          then press send

Call Forwarding Status
*#21#          then press send

Caller ID short codes
from your phones dial keypad type one of the following:

#31#     then press send - this will show name and number on outgoing calls

*31#     then press send - this will hide name and number on outgoing calls

12 replies

I bought a new phone recently. It doesn’t show details of incoming  calls. I contacted the supplier who said that’s because I don’t have Caller Id and should contact my telephone provider. yet it worked OK on the old phone. Can you confirm that I still have Caller Id for incoming calls so that I can go back and press them for a proper answer?. I tried Live Chat but it doesn’t work. Then I tried Facebook to be told I should try Live Chat. Patience is wearing thin……

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @PeterKent,

Sounds like an issue with the settings.

All of our SIM cards have Caller ID available.

Were you with iD Mobile before with the old phone also?

Mohammed

Yes I  was.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @PeterKent.

What is the make and model of the handset you’re using the SIM in?

Will

It’s a Gigaset E370 quad unit

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @PeterKent 

Do you happen to have the model of the phone itself Peter?

Or would you happen to know if the device supports at least 3g?  As that would be a requirement of ours for our SIM’s to be compatible with a device.

The base unit says “Gigaset Box 200A”. Is that what you mean by “the model of the phone itself”?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PeterKent,

There are a few coming up when I type that in, are you able to send a picture of it to us please?

Will

Perhaps the best way of identifying it is to quote the description when I bought it.

It’s Siemens Gigaset Premium E370A Cordless Phone, Quad Handset with Big Buttons

Does that help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @PeterKent, it looks like this is a cordless landline phone, rather than a mobile device. We don’t provide landline service, so I think you may have contacted the wrong company. Who is it that provides your landline service?

Thank you,

Rory

Good point! It’s Sky, although I understand that it still comes down to a BT line. I’ll check with Sky. Thanks for your time, and apologies if it was somewhat wasted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Not at all, @PeterKent! Best of luck with Sky, hope you get to the bottom of the trouble :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?