Solved

Can I use 2 SIMS in my OnePlus 6T

• 14 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a one plus 6t which is dual SIM compatible I was wondering could I use a vodaphone SIM aswell as the I'd one or will my phone be locked? I still have 18 months left with iD
icon

Best answer by Gregor 14 May 2019, 12:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Alexjones 2002

Dual sim phones are factory unlocked when sold which means they will never get locked. You can swap freely between many Sims and they will all work as long as they are supported by the version of the phone. In your case all UK Sims and most of European ones will work but let's say Australian or Canadian may not.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @Alexjones 2002

Dual sim phones are factory unlocked when sold which means they will never get locked. You can swap freely between many Sims and they will all work as long as they are supported by the version of the phone. In your case all UK Sims and most of European ones will work but let's say Australian or Canadian may not.

Kind Regards

Just adding to this @Alexjones 2002,

You can use dual SIMs and configure the settings in your SIM settings on the device.

Both SIMS can make & receive calls, you'd usually be given an option to toggle a preference, such as only sending texts from 1 number and only making calls from a specific number (though it should be very easy to switch between these when you're making the call/creating the text).

But, only 1 SIM can have a data connection. It's not possible to share this between the 2 SIMS etc.
Make sure that the APN's are configured correctly, as conflicting APNs can affect you being able to use data services properly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?