Question

can't call a particular landline number from mobile only

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

I have recently been have issues calling my parents landline from my mobile.

Their landline is working perfectly and can receive calls made from other phones.

They have not accidentally blocked my number.

When I try to call from my ID mobile, it simply cuts out straight away and doesn't ring/connect.

Please help resolve this.

8 replies

Just a quick addition to my previous post. I have just read a post from someone using an EE network who has a similar issue, their problem has been resolved by EE but they weren't told what the problem was.

I have also found out that my aunt is having the same issue and she uses the 3G network so I suspect it's a 3G network issue.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated as I really need to be able to contact my parents particularly during lockdown restrictions.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Uddieangel,

That’s very odd indeed.

Are you able to test the SIM in a different handset to see if this fixes the issue at all?

Mohammed

Same problem: used two separate mobile phones and ID SIM/phone numbers to call a known and existing UK landline but the line is “busy” although the other party is definitely not engaged in a call. Tried several times this week and on 2 occasions was answered by a French and German person, what seemed to be a recorded answer (“I can hear you clearly”, repeated). When calling from a Vodafone mobile there was no problem. An ID-mobile issue? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @RuudHaasjes,

That does sound unusual. Have you been travelling with our SIM card in use at all recently?

Will

Similar Problem: I cannot call one particular landline. The call seems to work and a ringing tone is heard on the mobile, but the landline does not ring. I used to regularly call it up until a few weeks ago when this started happening. I can call other landlines and mobiles no problem. I tried deleting and resetting up the contact. My wife's mobile can call the landline and she is also on ID mobile. I changed my phone last week and it still doesn't work. I am getting desperate as I am a carer for the person. Anyone any ideas? Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MC100,

Is it possible that (from the landline) your number has been blocked?

Check the landline settings just incase this has happened accidentally.

Try also switching to private number/withholding your number.

Does the call still not connect?

Mohammed

I have not blocked my landline number on my mobile or my mobile on my landline number but I still can't connect to my house phone or landline from either my landline or mobile it rings on my mobile number but doesn't connect to my landline or my landline rings my mobile number but doesn't connect to my landline number either I've not blocked my number from either landline or mobile phones please advise

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Flowersv 

Are you able to make calls to other landline numbers and mobile numbers from both your landline and mobile?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?