Question

Can't recieve SMS!

• 5 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I can’t recieve SMS for the last couple of weeks, even if I can send them normally to my contacts

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Btissam 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you try taking the sim out and put it back in the phone? Can you also test the sim on another phone to see if you are able to receive calls there.

-Mohsin

Thanks for your reply @Mohsin!

I have already tried to remove the sim and put it back, use it in a different phone, the same problem is there: I can make/recieve calls, I can send SMS but I can’t recieve them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Btissam 

Did you port your number over from Lyca Mobile by any chance?

-Mohsin

@Mohsin: I am using this number for more than one year now, I used to have Lyca but I don’t remember if it as just before ID Mobile.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Btissam 

We have been advised there is an issue for customers who have ported in their number where Lyca Mobile is the origin network are unable to receive off-net SMS. We can confirm this issue is being investigated on Lycas end and hope for this to be resolved as soon as possible.

-Mohsin

@Mohsin : thanks for the feedback. I am with ID Mobile more than one year, so I can’t see why it could be a problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Btissam,

Due to how number porting and routing works, issues relating to the previous network can still affect a phone number after it has been ported to another network.

We’re hoping that this issue with Lyca is fixed as soon as possible and we apologise for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Ryan

Thanks @Ryan and @Mohsin, at least this issue didn’t prevent me from receiving the PAC number.

Why iD Mobile?