Solved

Cancel my Service with ID Mobile

• 20 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

My Mum bought a phone years a ago and her 24 - month handset plan ended on the 13 June 2017, the letter states that she is no longer committed to a fixed contract period. She hasn’t used the phone in years, she’s with a new provider with a new phone.

Yet she is still paying 10.00 a month as an existing service with your company, which has been recently brought to her attention by her dept collectors. Her renewal was not brought to her attention.

She wants to end this service for good completely. On her behalf:

• I have called 0800 049 0250 which has been a dead end, no human advisor to speak to in order to help with the cancellation
  • The chat bot doesn’t help with this query.
  • She has no email/username or password with you, all she has is an account number and mobile number.

Please provide a solution

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 2 February 2021, 10:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nap87 

When a contract comes to the end of the term, a PAC code can be requested to transfer the number to a new provider or we require 30 days disconnection notice.

Its seems your mum has not yet notified iD Mobile of a disconnection.

Please ask your mum to contact our Live Chat team? 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Hello,

New information has been brought to my attention.

My mum got her bank statement and she noticed that £10.00 has been taken out of her account, this has been going on for years. This amount was still being taken out of her account after the contract ended on 13 June 2017, she has never used the phone.

Her debt collectors told her this and they told her that your company renewed the contract without her consent. So she decided to cancel the direct debit of £10.00 this year and if anything your company would contact her. And after getting £360 for the past 3 years after the contract ended the ID Mobile is still asking her for more money and she has never used the phone.

Please advise.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Nap87 

It seems like the sim had not been disconnected properly and this is why your mother has been charged for this. Were you able to speak to our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team regarding this?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I used the live chat service and tried to cancel her plan. However in order to do this she needs her login details and she doesn’t have any associated with ID Mobile. She had the phone before she had any email account setup. So I have no way of being able to cancel, not even the options or me typing in what my query is, is providing me with a solution.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nap87 

We’ll need to talk with your mother directly, please can you help her to message us via the iD Community.

Thanks

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

I am Joycelyn Pinnock,

What my son has told you is exactly the same thing that I have stated so far. I have given Neil (my son) the permission to message whoever it may concern, because I have tried many times phoning your company with no success.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nap87 

Joycelyn will need to create their own account, before we can move forward and help resolve this issue. 

Thanks

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

So then are you saying that she’ll need to register herself onto the site and you’ll help to cancel the contract, even though she is using a completely different phone with another service provider?

Userlevel 1

I spoke to an advisor on the phone on behalf of my Mum, there was a debt that has been paid and the account has been disconnected.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nap87 

In order for us to verify that the account has been disconnected, we will need Joycelyn to create an account on here and message us so we can look into this.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?