Question

cannot receive incoming calls

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am making the same post as from another ID mobile member not receiving incoming calls, I have been with ID mobile for about 5 years and never had an issue, my wife transferred her number from Vodafone start of January to ID mobile, abut a week ago both my phone and my wife's phone have stopped receiving incoming calls, have tried everything to sort this out and spent hours on the ID bot and live chat, only to find we have to wait 48 hours now to see if the tech team can sort this problem out? I noticed this issue has taken place with ID mobile over some years and is still existing or coming up again and again. Can someone within ID mobile be open and look into this problem, I have had the same number for 5 years my wifes number is her old number from Vodafone ported to ID mobile Jan 2021. II do not know how to contact any ID mobile person on this site, but we are stuck in Spain and need our incoming calls to be working. HELP please waiting 2 days to maybe find a solution is not good customer service, We may have to change network provider if ID mobile cannot or do not resolve this issue as need the phones to be working. HELP Please

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Tonih, we have the exact same issues. I have been with ID mobile for about 5 years and never an issue, my wife changed over to ID mobile start of January this year from Vodafone, this past week we have had big issues as no incoming calls, just showing missed calls and voice mails saying we missed a call. We are also stuck in Spain basically locked down. like wise we need the phones working for banking and indeed many other things. I spent 2.5 hours on the live chat (took hours to get a line) the first chat was going ok but then I was let go as no activity (I was given a link to Vodafone to look at what maybe the cause of this issue) after checking this I was no longer on line, so spent ages again getting a line. After about an hour or longer I was advised this issue would be given to the technical team and they would contact me in 48 hours. Like yourself this is not a good situation to be in as missing important calls.

I have no idea how to get any real answers hope someone can assist us on this subject, if this situation continues we will have to consider changing our mobile phone provider as this is not a good situation to be in.

We have tried every setting available, I am informed this is a network issue (ID mobile and not the phones) we have 2 phones my wifes and mine, both these have the same problem.

Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PandC,

This may have something to do with you being in Spain, as  our SIM card require you to come back to the UK every few months. how long have you both been in Spain?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will, My wife's phone (SIM) was purchased beginning of Jan 2021, not used in UK at all, we came to Spain just after receiving the SIM and switched it on on the 18th January, we have found out just later that we cannot receive incoming calls on it. My phone is in and out of uk a lot, and in general they are hardly used, if I check my plan (was a Take away Plan 20.00  pounds per month, and had this plan for about 5 years as used it when in USA and abroad basically for emergency or important stuff only, I have not long changed the plan to 6.00 per month this was about 10th January 2021 if I am correct, If I check my plan usage it has about 30 minutes usage over the last month or 2, and about 10 texts in same period.

It was due to Covid and other things that I decided to change the plan to 6.00 as stupid paying 20.00 when hardly using it, and going to the USA is not going to happen for a very long time.

So I don't think being in or out of the UK has something to do with this, if I look at other people they have had same issues for no reasons?

I spent half a day 2 days ago on live bot and then luckily after long periods  getting live chat, they said they would get tech team to respond within next 48 hours, 48 hours is now past and we still don't know what is taking place.

Userlevel 1

Hi Will just for you information ID mobile phones, we hardly use the ID Mobile in the UK, our home is in Powburn mid Northumberland and ID Mobile doesn't work there, ID mobile doesn't work in some areas North Newcastle where we also spend a lot of time as no coverage to very poor coverage there, so our ID mobile phones are never used? switched off, like wise my wife and I have Vodafone sims, they work in Powburn and everywhere else we go in the UK, and these are used because they work all the time.

However Vodafone has a very similar problem in that in the Hondon area of Alicante (Spain) and many other outlying areas the phones do not work, This has been a issue for over 5 years, and until ID Mobile gets coverage in all areas such as Northumberland, and Vodafone ES (Spain) gets better coverage then I still need to have 2 phones and indeed 2 SIMs otherwise I cannot ensure getting anything important, such as banks and other stuff? is this making any sense to you? Thanks again 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @PandC 

Are you having issues with using your data? Are you able to make calls? Are you able to use a Spanish sim to call the iD number to see if you are able to recieve a call from a local network?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?