Solved

Carphone Warehouse/iD Tradein

• 22 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Can Knox-tripped (but stock, unrooted, and bootloader locked) Samsung phones be traded in as working? I would like to know, as there is no criteria mentioning root, software modification, or anything like that (remember though ,the phone is now unrooted and as stock beside the Knox 0x1 status) and I would be interested in trading in an S9 at the end of its contract, but have installed One UI beta which supposedly tripped Knox.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 August 2020, 17:25

View original

4 replies

Thanks for the help all! Maybe I’ll take it into a store as you advised.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SamAllan87, your best bet is to visit your local Carphone Warehouse store and they can run the diagnostics on the phone to provide a quote as it’s ran through a tool which checks various criteria.

We’re not sure if this is something Samsung could reset or not, but likely something they would only be able to do with the phone in-hand I’d expect.

Mohammed

Ah okay, I was wondering whether the Knox fuse could be reset by Samsung or something like that? 

Thanks again for your help :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @SamAllan87,

As the stock phone software has been tampered with, the phone would be classed as non-working as it will need work doing to it to get it back to a saleable condition (if at all possible in this case).

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?