Solved

DATA NOT WORKING!! Samsung Galaxy A71

• 26 August 2020
  • 9 replies

I'VE JUST UPGRADED TO A SAMSUNG GALAXY A71...

DON'T DO IT!!

IT'S BAD.

I HAD A HUAWEI Y7 2017 WORTH £130/40, WORKED BETTER THAN THIS S**T.

BIGGEST ISSUE.…

MY GODDAMN DATA ISN'T WORKING!!!

I PAY DOUBLE WHAT I WAS BEFORE AND I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE BEFORE.

I PAY FOR 10G OF DATA AND I EXPECT IT TO WORK!!!!

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!

I'VE RESTARTED THE PHONE, TURNED DATA OFF AND ON, TURNED FLIGHT MODE OFF AND ON, CHECKED MY APP SETTINGS, I'VE EVEN TRIED TURNING DATA ROAMING ON AND TRIED CHANGING THE SETTINGS SO IT WORKS ON CERTAIN APPS.

WEIRDEST PART IS THAT IT WORKS ON FACEBOOK MESSENGER BUT NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

WHAT THE F**K.

I NEED ANSWERS NOW!!!

PLEASE.

THIS IS A MASSIVE INCONVENIENCE FOR ME.

icon

Best answer by Kevin 19 October 2020, 18:43

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Evesleepraverepeat,

Did you receive an new SIM card with the upgrade? If so, are you using that, or still on your old one? 

Also, is this problem everywhere you go, or just located to one area?

Will

I've got same problem. I bought new samsung a71 and have used sim card from old phone as had to buy new phone due to breaking other one, so sim card was only a few months old.i am so frustrated that I cannot look anything up when i am out. Went to carphone warehouse and they said there is work in the area and everyone was complaining.  This has been going on for months!! I am going to change network, can't put up with this anymore!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @skelt,

We are sorry to hear about problems with the coverage in your area. Please can you confirm your home postcode and we’ll check out the masts in your area for faults?

Ryan

Bn148er

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I can’t see any work in that area at the moment @skelt.

Is it just data effected? How are your calls and data?

Will

Calls ok. Just can't seem to go on google when I'm out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @skelt,

Have you got data roaming enabled on the handset settings? I know it sounds basic, but sometimes it’s the basic fixes that prove the most effective.

Will

Yes I have. I was told at carphone warehouse that there was a lot of work going on in Brighton and he had loads of people complaining. I will give it another week then get a different provider.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @skelt 

We can see some work is being carried out on some sites just a little out of the way of the BN14 8ER postcode, though these shouldn’t have any impact on you when you’re at home.

Do you happen to have WiFi calling enabled in your phone?  More on that here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

That can sometimes help boost your signal when you’re in a place with WiFi.  Tends to help in buildings that otherwise seem quite hard to get a phone signal in.

Why iD Mobile?