Solved

default account affecting my credit score

• 3 February 2021
  • 22 replies

Hi I am an old customer with yourself, I had an id mobile sim since 2015 and ended my contract around 2018/2019 whereas when I check my credit score,it comes up as missed payments from yourself last year from March 2020-april 2020 and this is affecting my credit score.I have no knowledge on this and wish for you to resolve this matter immediately as I am unaware of why you are affecting my credit score when I'm not even a customer with yourself and have no current plans opend 

I hope a member of the team gets back to me ASAP as I can only get in contact with the robots on your Live chat.i need this matter resolved . 

icon

Best answer by Will 3 February 2021, 11:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @SanaT96,

That does sound unusual.

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so that we can get this looked into for you.

Will

Ok 

Hello, 

I'm in the position that I had an old account that I believed I had closed with the 30 days notice period, I begrudgingly paid the balance because my credit score was threatened, then the account was defaulted! This wasn't my error, the agent didn't close the account when i called!

I'd like this error removed from my credit history

Hi @Leanneh 

We’re sorry to hear about your credit file. 

We’ve popped you a message so that we can take a look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Jade

Hi similar to many on here I have a default over an old sim only account I was sold while instore for my son ( only called in for a new phone case)

never used the service and when tried to call and cancel could never get through so cancelled the DD. Long story short ended up with a default on file for £30 which affected getting a mortgage. Is there a way to remove this from my file ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Cancellation of a Direct Debit does not cancel the service.

It's easy to cancel in the iD Mobile app

Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. Please be aware that we need at least 30 day’s notice before your contract ends*. You can keep using your SIM as a Pay As You Go SIM card, or cut it up once you’ve cancelled your plan.

By cancelling the direct debit you allowed the account to go into arrears and so its unlikely ID Mobile will remove the default. Can’t hurt to ask though...

Yes I realise that now. It was more out of frustration. One evening was on hold 30 mins trying to get through then come 8pm I think it was the lines go dead. I had moved in the time of the contract so didn’t get the mail off them (my error) more asking a goodwill gesture as it’s not even credit they give its more a payment up front I believe 

Hi how can I get in contact with someone to discuss a default report on my credit file

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nick Gregory, as @WelshPaul explained, cancelling the Direct Debit isn’t sufficient to disconnect the line and end the contract. If you have evidence that you contacted one of our agents and requested a disconnection of the line at any point we’d be able to remove the default for you. Without this, however, I’m afraid it’s valid and will remain.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory thanks for your reply. 
unfortunately there was no evidence unless you can find my account at all. I tried via phone several times to cancel but could never get through then for the line to go dead while I was on hold was the final straw and the only way I felt was to cancel the direct debit. Surely you would understand the frustration. We never even used the sim as wasn’t as easy as your salesman at the Ilkeston store promised it would be to go from an o2 payg to idmobile so this just got left and paid on time for I believe over a year before I attempted to cancel the contract. I am more asking for understanding and good will with a view to amending the default notice as for £30 this is having an adverse effect. The monies were paid in full and even though I feel I was sold something that wasn’t as i was made to believe as simple transition i continue to use your parent company. Regardless of company policy it would be nice to have dialogue rather than a closed door in this instance 

Nick

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nick Gregory, thanks for your reply. This is less to do with the company policy of iD Mobile, and more to do with the fact that we are legally obliged to accurately record any non-payments to Experian and Equifax.

I understand you may not have been able to get through to our team on the occasion that you called, but we do offer several avenues to disconnect a line, including through self-help on the iD Mobile app and the iD Mobile website, Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter, and here on the Community.

If the balance is still showing as £30 on your credit report despite you having paid in full, this is something we’d be able to help with. However, the default and any late marks would remain, as they are valid.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory. Thanks again for your prompt response. If I believe I was miss sold the contract initially who do I raise this with or does it go direct to the ombudsman. Reading a lot of similar issues on here since I posted so doesn’t look like I was alone in this 

nick 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nick Gregory, we’d be happy to look into this for you if we feel there’s a possibility of misselling. What aspect of the contract do you feel was missold?

Thank you,

Rory

I have the same issue with a default showing on my credit file from 2017. I had an active ID Mobile account from 2015-2019 paid by direct debit and have tried to make contact through live chat. I was given an email address by chat but the automated reply says its for attachments only.

I can go into more detail on private message but I think the issue arrose when I upgraded from a sim only plan to a device plan.

Please could you let me know how to resolve this?

Many thanks

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Phillm,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Hi @Nick Gregory, we’d be happy to look into this for you if we feel there’s a possibility of misselling. What aspect of the contract do you feel was missold?

Thank you,

Rory

Generally how easy it was to transfer the number and if I wasn’t happy could cancel at anytime by calling in which was a nightmare 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nick Gregory, this wouldn’t constitute misselling of the contract. Transferring your number is indeed a very simple process. You simply provide the PAC to us and the port is completed within 48 hours. The facility for this is readily available in the iD Mobile app, or at https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/, and we have an in-depth guide explaining the process here.

As explained, help is always available though the iD Mobile app, the iD Mobile website, Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter, and here on the Community. We can’t agree that you made a sufficient effort to contact us regarding your issues, and so we wouldn’t be able to assist any further. You are of course free to seek assistance from an outside body.

Thank you,

Rory

It’s ok sending this now we are going back almost 4 years and it wasn’t explained to me then how to find this information just oh it simple. Can you look into who sold me the sim?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nick Gregory, due to the age of the sale, even if we were able to trace it back to one individual agent and they were still under our employment, I think it’s highly unlikely they’d be able to recall any specifics of the transaction four years on. To be perfectly honest, I don’t think it’s particularly relevant to your case anyway. Essentially, you wanted to disconnect the line, but you weren’t able to get through on the occasion you called. I think the next sensible step would have been to explore another avenue of contact, such as the ones listed in my previous replies. Instead, the Direct Debit was simply cancelled, which, as outlined in your contract, isn’t sufficient to disconnect the line, or indeed to end any contract you may have with any company.

I’m afraid the default is valid and will thus remain on your credit file. You are free to seek alternative advice or outside assistance, but we won’t be able to help from our side.

Thank you,

Rory

It wasn’t just once i tried to contact your call centre tho it was several. Would there be incoming phone records to show. The wait times were unacceptable and to be cut off at closing time without warning is unprofessional to say the least. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

As I say, like all companies, we have multiple avenues of contact, and the automated line makes mention of these. If you were struggling to contact us via one, we’d reasonably expected you to have contacted us via another, like you have here. If you believe there may be evidence on your account of you having contacted us within your returns period, then we’d be happy to take a look?

Thank you,

Rory

Yes please take a look and see what contact we had 

thanks 

Rory 

Why iD Mobile?