Question

Downloading from Android photos to Desktop

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Why won’t my desktop windows 10 computer recognise photos from my Alcatel 1 android phone?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Vincent,

When you connect your phone to the computer for the first time, you may need to change the ‘mode’ on the phone to ensure it’s not stuck on charging only. Drag down the notifications bar when it’s connected and see if you can change the connection option to allow file transfers, this would do the job.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I cannot find anything that suggests file transfers. Where would it be?

I am wondering. Does my android need to have a SD Card inserted? I see the photos on the phone but maybe they are only on the SIM and cannot be read by my computer - or is that incorrect?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Vincent,

Photos wouldn’t be stored on a SIM card, they would either be on the internal memory or on an SD card (if one was inserted of course). Which cable are you using to connect to the PC? Some cables are charge-only ones and can’t handle data.

Feel free to send us a screenshot too of your notification bar when it’s connected to see what options are shown.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?