Question

Faulty Handset

• 20 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had my Samsung handset for less than a year, and about two months ago it started playing up. The screen is not displaying properly, it keeps opening apps without me even touching it, keeps redirecting me when I don’t ask it to, and has a faulty keypad to name just a few issues. A hard restart has not worked, nor has a simple restart. I have been unable to take it to a Carphone Warehouse to be looked at due to the lockdown, nor talk to someone at a call centre because of this, yet am still paying my monthly bill for a faulty phone. Could someone please direct me towards help, as the problems are getting worse, and it is very hard to use in its current state.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @groves1988 

Did you try contacting Samsung directly? They have live chat opened and they offer a service on some repairs (not all) where they can fix your phone at your doorstep. You won't need to wait for stores to reopen or worry about couriers to send it for repair if your case will be applicable for it. Here you will find more information regarding this topic and at the bottom of this page you will find ways how to contact them directly.

Kind Regards 

Userlevel 1

Hello Gregor,

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated. I will try and get in touch with Samsung for a repair.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @groves1988 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Update:

Samsung’s ‘We Fix’ team came out this morning to fix the issue. Turns out it was a faulty screen, so the technician intalled a new one, and it’s back to working as it should again. All screen display issues are fixed, and the temparamental touch screen is sorted.

Many thanks to Gregor for suggesting it. A highly professional service, efficient, prompt, and courteous. I would highly recommend them to anyone else having trouble with their Samsungs.

Thank you ID community, and thank you Samsung team, much appreciated.

Why iD Mobile?