Question

fingerprint

Userlevel 1

Why has fingerprint login stopped working on phone and apps. Have changed fingerprint but no luck

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ bunty20

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with logging into our app with your fingerprint credentials.

You may have already tried this, however, can you clear the data/cache from the app through the settings and then uninstall the app completely? Once that has been done, please reinstall the app. When that has been done, log in for the first time with your Username and Password and enable the fingerprint log-in through the settings as you previously tried.

If this doesn’t work, let us know here and we’ll see what we can do further.

Regards,
Aklima

Userlevel 1

Hi Aklima

thanks for your reply, but it is not just ID app it is the phone and other apps that won’t recognise fingerp

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@bunty20

It sounds like the issue could be to do with the handset. 

Can i ask what phone and software you are using? 

Aklima 

Userlevel 1

Hi

it is the Moto e6, sorry I am a bit of a dinosaur how will I know the software. Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@bunty20 

Could you confirm if Moto E6 runs of android? 

Also when did the problem start? 

Aklima 

Userlevel 1

Hi

yes it is Android and the problem started yesterday

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@bunty20 

We have had some reports of issues with fingerprint log-on on Android 10. This is currently being investigated.

In the meantime, please try uninstalling the apps and reinstalling.

Where possible please try and login using the browser for example you can access your ID Mobile account on below link.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/?_ga=2.197866159.1871627862.1585656328-378869073.1554809118

Hope this helps.

Aklima

​

Userlevel 1

Hi

thanks for that info. I am accessing phone and apps in the manual way, with pass codes etc, so it is no hardship. So I will try fingerprint every so often , otherwise just keep manual logins. Thank you for helping this dinosaur. Irene

Badge +10

@bunty20

@AklimaRahman

Android 10 issues around the use of some password apps, Gravity Screen and Nova Launcher. Not native to Android so this wont be the issue for everyone.

Removing these solved the majority of fingerprint issues for lots of Android users.

Some mentioned reinstalling them also worked!

Might want to check if there is an update for your Moto E6

If you have not received a notification message for this update, follow the steps below to manually update your phone:

1. Select the Settings icon in the apps menu
  2. Select System
  3. Select System updates
  4. Select Download
  5. After the software is downloaded, it will start the background installation
  6. After the software has downloaded, select Install. This will start the installation and auto restart
  7. Your phone has been updated

Why can't ID mobile get something as easy as finger print log right? This is simply embarrassing. 

Finger print log on is not a new feature. I have been using it with so many apps for many years. The only app which doesn't have this capability is ID mobile. Why do I have to log on every time I want to use the app. I can't even use my pin. I have to use email address and password, every time. What shambles. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Maccybear,

Fingerprint log-in is supported with iD Mobile, however, with the latest update of Android 10, it seems this stopped working. We are looking into a fix already however, the current situation has impacted this. As soon as we have an update available, it’ll be pushed out to the PlayStore for compatible phones to update.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I'd like to add that I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E and fingerprint log in has recently stopped working on it (it's still working on my Android phone). The tablet is running Android 9 with the latest security patch from Google. I've tried clearing the app cache and data, plus reinstalling and that hasn't helped. I can confirm that fingerprint log in is switched on in the app.

Why iD Mobile?