Question

fraud

• 6 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Carphone warehouse has unlawfully rejected my claim for me having been the victim of identity fraud. My case was submitted via Equifax. I need CW to contact me ASAP so that my legal rights are not prejudiced further. Please see below the message I have submitted to the relevant  authorities for your reference (please note that my comment re my mental  health and stability is not baseless):

Dear Sirs

This case has NOT been resolved and therefore should NOT be closed. Carphone Warehouse have failed to disclose their reason(s) for their alleged finding that the information on the account is "correct." The evidence I have submitted unequivocally proves that I was the victim of identity fraud. By failing to investigate this case properly Carphone Warehouse are negligent and facilitating the crime further.

As you will have seen on my submission on 3 April 2020, I do have a Police Scotland fraud case reference number - SC6072753. As Carphone Warehouse will know its webpage directs victims of fraud in Scotland to contact Police Scotland (this being the relevant authority in the jurisdiction).

I call on Carphone Warehouse to check its CCTV camera footage on the material date when the fraudster entered into the contract in person in the company's store in Inverurie Aberdeen shire, This CCTV footage will confirm that it was not me - in any event this would have been impossible for the reason that I was not in the country on this date (this is evidenced in the documents I have submitted).

Additionally, Carphone Warehouse should have requested copies of valid ID from the fraudster before it permitted the contract - by failing to request same Carphone Warehouse is guilty of facilitating the crime of fraud.

This total disrespect for my legal rights and this abuse of my freedom is and protections is causing me grave upset (to the extent that I have considered self harm).

Please forwards to me the contact details for the relevant person(s) at Carphone Warehouse. Additionally, I expect Equifax to follow up with Carphone Warehouse in the correct way. I look forward to hearing from you.

I appreciate that your Customer Care team is currently unable to answer calls but my right to appeal this decision should not be prejudiced by this fact therefore my case should NOT be removed and instead completed in the full and lawful way.

Nothing in this message prejudices my rights to pursue legal action(s) and my full rights are reserved. 

Regards Ruth”

contact details: 07506502766 / ruthmstephen@hotmail.co.uk

1 reply

Why have I'd  mobile taken money from my account 31-95 I have no mobile phone or sim card with I'd mobile the money started going January 2018

Why iD Mobile?