Question

Galaxy S7 Oreo upgrade

• 22 August 2018
  • 9 replies

My Galaxy S7 (with host network 3 firmware) had iD 4G calling and Wi-Fi calling on Nougat (Android 7)

It recently updated to Oreo (Android 😎 and now it no longer does 4G calling, won't logon to the 4G 800Mhz net and Wi-Fi calling is gone.

When I insert a 3 PAYG sim, the options all reappear. So it's obviously an iD issue.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi oberoth, thank you for this further information.
We'll ask our Tech Team to look into what can be done to re establish the services using your iD SIM card.
-Phil
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi oberoth, can you confirm if you still see the settings to turn on WiFi calling on the phone?

This should be in the phone app settings.
Try turning 4G and Wifi Calling off/on again if possible and restart the phone in between please.

You may also need to look in Settings> Connections > Mobile networks to find VoLTE calls.

Did you purchase your phone from Three?

-Phil
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @philjennings9

Are you using the most up to date version of Android on your Samsung S7?
Did you originally purchase that S7 SIM-Free, or with a particular network?

Have you followed the processes that @Phil mentioned above?

Hi oberoth, can you confirm if you still see the settings to turn on WiFi calling on the phone?

This should be in the phone app settings.
Try turning 4G and Wifi Calling off/on again if possible and restart the phone in between please.

You may also need to look in Settings> Connections > Mobile networks to find VoLTE calls.

Did you purchase your phone from Three?

-Phil

Please answer those for us and we'll investigate this further for you with our Tech Team if needed.

Kevin
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Terribly frustrating as it is, especially with the fact it had worked on a previous version of Android.
It would seem then as it stands that we're unable to provide Wi-Fi calling on the Samsung S7.

We do have a list of officially supported phones that work with Wi-Fi calling here:
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Of course, we're always looking to expand the list of supported devices, but it would be wrong for us to try and put a date on when or if we'll get the Samsung S7 supported again.

Sorry to have bear bad news here

Kevin
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's an odd one @oberoth,

So you're able to access and makes 4G calls via 3 on the PAYG SIM but you're no longer able to do this via the iD SIM?

Is this correct?

Mohammed
Yes,

Worked fine on Android 7 - Nougat then recently updated to Android 8 - Oreo and the option no longer works.

Wi-Fi calling gone and so is 4G Super Voice.
The loss of both has cut my coverage by about 50%

Not the case with a 3 PAYG sim.
It's a Galaxy S7 (from 3 UK) and works fine with 3 UK for both 4G Calling and Wi-Fi calling.

4G calling and Wi-Fi calling worked fine on iD on Nougat (Android 7) prior to the recent Oreo (Android 😎 update. Both still work fine (with a 3 UK sim) both before and after the update.

Obviously an issue with iD's systems rather than host network 3 ⚠️
I have also had this problem! Does the Galaxy s7 fully support wifi calling?
Yes I have tried all the above and WiFi calling is not visible. I purchased the phone sim free. Thank you

Why iD Mobile?