Question

Helpppp android or apple?

• 14 February 2019
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 1
Thinking about switching to Android from Apple… anyone done it and can comment on the transition? Is the grass really that much greener?!

Currently looking at either the Huawei P20 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro as alternatives to some of the newer apple models.

39 replies

Userlevel 5
definitely do a switch to android from my experiences with android

Ethan
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @EPH62

I used both Apple and Android. My current device is the Samsung S9. Personally i do prefer to customize my device to my needs, which currently Apple is yet to really take on.
But each person is different and there's a huge Android market out there for you to find something that suits your needs.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @EPH62

Android operating system has its advantages against Apple products and Apple has their advantages too. Personally I would stick to Apple if you then to use iCloud a lot to link an iPad and MacBook with your data otherwise I would change to Huawei Mate 20 Pro it is an amazing phone with great camera and good battery life. Huawei runs on tweaked version of Android called Emotion UI and it's design is very Iphone-ish like which should make things easier for you. Another advantage is that most of the popular apps in Google play store are free to download where Apple version might be paid.

Summarizing things, I would stick to Apple only of you want seemingless data access on various Apple devices otherwise Huawei Mate 20 Pro should be a great choice.

Regards
Userlevel 1
I've had both and I find Android a lot easier to work with.
Userlevel 1
If you choose to change I'm sure their will be nothing but good choices along the way and I'm sure the ID community will always be there to help I'm android as I prefer that but I'm sure a new experience can't always be bad
Userlevel 1
My sister did it she was iPhone for many years and has now got that Hawaii pro 30 she loves it she loves the camera
Userlevel 1
I personally prefer Android as I like to customise and personalise my phones but if this doesn't apply to you then I can recommend Apple, hope this helps.
Userlevel 1
I’ve had both over the years, started with Apple then went to Android and now back on Apple. Both definitely have advantages and disadvantages but if you use Apple on other devices I would stick with Apple for the ease of sharing things like photos and documents.
Userlevel 1
I had an iPhone for about 6 years but then 3 years ago I crossed over to android and never looked back. No more lock downs on what you can and cannot do on your mobile. Having an android feels more like a PC in my hand than a mobile as I can download what I want and I can store and take data from my phone via usb which is great.
Userlevel 1
It took a lot for me to change from Iphone to Android but did it many years ago now adn never looked back. Iphone just didnt change enough fo rme. Everytime I got excited about the new Iphone. I would turn it on, set it up and it was like oh ok. Nothing extra. Android took a little while to get used to but there are so many more possibilities. The way the screens look, the updates, the opportunities. Iphone and Itunes are a nightmare. I would defo givei it a go and give it a good chance and Im sure u will adjuts and be impressed and not disappointed aslong asa you go for one of the better phones. Im waiting on the Samsung Galaxies are my favourite. Im waiting on the new release Easter time. Currently using the Galaxy S7 edge but tbh i preferred the camera on the s6 edge but love the edge. Robust and smart looking
Userlevel 1
Thinking about switching to Android from Apple… anyone done it and can comment on the transition? Is the grass really that much greener?!

Currently looking at either the Huawei P20 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro as alternatives to some of the newer apple models.

In simple words android wins the majority of pros vs cons against Apple phones.
It allows you so much freedom and many options to choose from either it's App's ,Roms, theems millions of free and cools stuff. Basically makes you the ultimate owner, meaning you own that thing and not the other way around

Well, I have met people who have used Apple iPhone but when they switch to android, they can't get used to it resulting in switching back to iPhone. If you want to switch to Android then I suggest you to read this blog first "Why do Users Prefer iPhone over the Android Smartphone?"

To sum it up, Apple treats the customer as a user, Android treats the customer as an admin.
I would definitely say android! 📱❤ Mainly for the fact that you're getting more for your money. I would say some of the best androids are at least half the price of an iPhone. The latest Motorola models, for example, have some incredible specs and are like mini computers but are incredibly cheap in comparison. Also Android have basically all the latest tech nowadays. Despite this many of my friends still have iPhones so there may be something i'm missing! Happy shopping! 🛍

P.s. I would recommend reading reviews online to help you make your choice!
If you want an inexpensive iPhone - buy from someone who always upgrades to the latest model! (In my case, my daughter!) 😎😎
Userlevel 2
I was: Iphone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s.

Then I was Nexus, Samsung... S6, I think, and a few other phones including a Sony.

Then Iphone 6, 6S, 8 - and I had the 8 for 4 weeks before getting fed up with it. I sold it and moved to iD Mobile (got a Sim Only and bought the S8)

Now I aim to get the S10.

Iphone has lost ground recently, too much going wrong with the phones, not enough signs they are to open their software up (and even hardware) to make for ease of use for people. If Android OS was on Iphone, I'd have a think about it, but for me - Android offers me a more intuitive and open experience.
Userlevel 1
Simply put. Android all the way. Any Google phone is great, Motorola Google (G) 6 / 6+ ... Google's speech to text is better than apples, if you want to link data together similar to "Icloud" you can use Google drive. Plus android doesn't have the price tag of Apple products.
Hi, my advice is to switch to Android via Google Pixel phone series. I was an iPhone user for a long time and I thought that it is the right time to change. Pixel 2 XL is very speedy, smooth and reliable. You will never feel that you are using a cheap Android phone like any other android based companies.

Google promises 3 years of OS and security update which is really nice. On top of that, the camera performance of pixel phones is the best among other rivals in the market.
Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1
I've had both and I find Android a lot easier to work with.
Userlevel 1
Same here 😀
Apple devices tend to be more expensive but simpler and faster to use. Android devices tend to be cheaper and the newer devices have lots of incredible features.
Personally i prefer android systems to i phone ao in my opinion it would be worth the switch
So I myself switched from Apple back in November to the Mate 20 pro. It's really simple and only took a couple of days to get my head round the differences. As a rule all your apps work exactly the same.

I definitely recommend the switch and personally won't be heading back to Apple any time soon. I don't even miss iMessage as at the end of the day everyone tends to have unlimited texts these days anyway
Userlevel 1
had both very little between them just down to personal preference

Why iD Mobile?