Question

Helpppp android or apple?

• 14 February 2019
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 1
Thinking about switching to Android from Apple… anyone done it and can comment on the transition? Is the grass really that much greener?!

Currently looking at either the Huawei P20 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro as alternatives to some of the newer apple models.

39 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @EPH62

Android operating system has its advantages against Apple products and Apple has their advantages too. Personally I would stick to Apple if you then to use iCloud a lot to link an iPad and MacBook with your data otherwise I would change to Huawei Mate 20 Pro it is an amazing phone with great camera and good battery life. Huawei runs on tweaked version of Android called Emotion UI and it's design is very Iphone-ish like which should make things easier for you. Another advantage is that most of the popular apps in Google play store are free to download where Apple version might be paid.

Summarizing things, I would stick to Apple only of you want seemingless data access on various Apple devices otherwise Huawei Mate 20 Pro should be a great choice.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Simply put. Android all the way. Any Google phone is great, Motorola Google (G) 6 / 6+ ... Google's speech to text is better than apples, if you want to link data together similar to "Icloud" you can use Google drive. Plus android doesn't have the price tag of Apple products.
Hi, my advice is to switch to Android via Google Pixel phone series. I was an iPhone user for a long time and I thought that it is the right time to change. Pixel 2 XL is very speedy, smooth and reliable. You will never feel that you are using a cheap Android phone like any other android based companies.

Google promises 3 years of OS and security update which is really nice. On top of that, the camera performance of pixel phones is the best among other rivals in the market.
Userlevel 1
Thinking about switching to Android from Apple… anyone done it and can comment on the transition? Is the grass really that much greener?!

Currently looking at either the Huawei P20 Pro or the Mate 20 Pro as alternatives to some of the newer apple models.
Userlevel 1
I personally prefer Android as I like to customise and personalise my phones but if this doesn't apply to you then I can recommend Apple, hope this helps.
Userlevel 1
I've had both and I find Android a lot easier to work with.
Userlevel 1
I've had both and I find Android a lot easier to work with.
Userlevel 1
Same here 😀
Userlevel 1
I’ve had both over the years, started with Apple then went to Android and now back on Apple. Both definitely have advantages and disadvantages but if you use Apple on other devices I would stick with Apple for the ease of sharing things like photos and documents.
Apple devices tend to be more expensive but simpler and faster to use. Android devices tend to be cheaper and the newer devices have lots of incredible features.
Userlevel 1
I had an iPhone for about 6 years but then 3 years ago I crossed over to android and never looked back. No more lock downs on what you can and cannot do on your mobile. Having an android feels more like a PC in my hand than a mobile as I can download what I want and I can store and take data from my phone via usb which is great.
Personally i prefer android systems to i phone ao in my opinion it would be worth the switch
Userlevel 1
If you choose to change I'm sure their will be nothing but good choices along the way and I'm sure the ID community will always be there to help I'm android as I prefer that but I'm sure a new experience can't always be bad
So I myself switched from Apple back in November to the Mate 20 pro. It's really simple and only took a couple of days to get my head round the differences. As a rule all your apps work exactly the same.

I definitely recommend the switch and personally won't be heading back to Apple any time soon. I don't even miss iMessage as at the end of the day everyone tends to have unlimited texts these days anyway
Userlevel 1
had both very little between them just down to personal preference
I have always been an android user however, I have a mate who did just that and switched from Apple to the Huawei P20 Pro and has said now he wonders why he waited so long. He explained it took a couple of weeks to get everything transferred to how he wanted it but that is only because he only had limited time in a day with work and what not. I have the Honor View 10 which is the Huawei stable mate brand and would highly recommend either as they are such good value for money with quality software, great battery life and awesome cameras you can't go wrong. Their HIsuite allows you to back everything on your phone with ease. The beauty of Android is the drag and drop, no using specific software to view things or play or add music. I pretty much guarantee you won't regret switching.
Userlevel 1
I always had Huawei phones - they're great, apart from one Samsung which I hated. I then changed to iPhone and it's the best phone I've ever had. I will always use iPhones now.
Android is far more user friendly, but if you're used to apple it may take awhile getting used to android and you may not like it at first. However, if you were already happy with apple then you wouldn't be considering changing.

However, I am not an expert, but am more here to advise on your choice of phone. DO NOT BUY THE P20 PRO. I bought one and within a few days it was broken, glass back shattered just through being carried in my pocket. It is worthless. It has clearly been deliberately designed to be fragile so that you are forced to pay out for repairs and insurance, and trust me you will get NO HELP from ID mobile, Huawei or Carphone Warehouse. The whole thing is a scam to fleece customers. Find a phone with a metal back, it should last better
Userlevel 3
If you have a low budget, go for android. If you have a high budget and prefer luxurious phones, then get an iphone. If you like software optimisation and a smooth UI and software with a very fast CPU and clock rates then get an iphone. If you want a magnificent screen with a high resolution and crisp detail then get an android (samsung flagships). If you want more user software freedom and customization then get an android. If you want regular updates that make the software better and more optimized, then get an iphone.
Userlevel 1
Switched to Android after 10 years of Apple iPhones as Apple notoriously kill off older iPhones with software updates. Fed up of buying a new apple phone that will ultimately break, especially as phone contracts typically last two years. Also I find Android phones such as Samsungs and Huaweis are a lot more durable, iPhones break easily, and of course they have better cameras.
Userlevel 1
I hate Samsungs, like Huaweis and love iPhones
I would go Android all the way. I have a Nokia 6.1 which runs on android one. It is fast and has a good battery life. It can be personalised to suit and you can pop your most used apps on your home screen. Also very easy to use and has a brilliant camera with a split screen, which allows you to take front and rear facing photos at the same time.
Userlevel 1
Much prefer Android, seems so much easier to use and apps seem more plentiful. Currently using the Huawei P20 lite and loving it.
Userlevel 1
I use both. I have a samsung galaxy and an i phone. They have both advantages and disadvantages. I personally would suggest android since it usually represent better value for money and supports expandable memory card and double sim. My 32GB iphone although new gets full really fast.
Userlevel 1
It took a lot for me to change from Iphone to Android but did it many years ago now adn never looked back. Iphone just didnt change enough fo rme. Everytime I got excited about the new Iphone. I would turn it on, set it up and it was like oh ok. Nothing extra. Android took a little while to get used to but there are so many more possibilities. The way the screens look, the updates, the opportunities. Iphone and Itunes are a nightmare. I would defo givei it a go and give it a good chance and Im sure u will adjuts and be impressed and not disappointed aslong asa you go for one of the better phones. Im waiting on the Samsung Galaxies are my favourite. Im waiting on the new release Easter time. Currently using the Galaxy S7 edge but tbh i preferred the camera on the s6 edge but love the edge. Robust and smart looking

Why iD Mobile?