Solved

How do i contact you to unlock my old phones

• 6 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Chatbot can’t answer. No live human chat. No phone number to call.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 6 January 2021, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @LizVoce,

Most phones that we sell should already be unlocked, especially Android phones. Some older iPhone models are the only ones that tend to lock to our network. Which phones do you have and have you already tried another network’s SIM card inside of them?

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thanks for your response. The phone I have just upgraded from is a Samsung J6+ which I had from around Sept 2018 and the previous phone is a Samsung J3-6 which I  had for the previous 2 years. I have not been able to try another network’s SIM because my husband is also on ID and, as you will be aware, there are few occasions when you are currently allowed to see anyone from outside your household.

If you think these should already be unlocked I will send them to the grandkids to try with their parents’ SIM and hopefully they will be able to use them. If not they will have to send them back to me and I will contact you again.

Thanks

Liz

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @LizVoce,

I am confident that the phones should already be unlocked as they are Android devices but if you do hear of any issues with your grandkids using them, please let us know the fault and we’ll see if it is something that we can help with or if it is something that their current network provider will need to look into.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?