Question

How do I get help from a real person about upgrade mistake?

• 28 March 2021
  • 3 replies

A few days ago I attempted to upgrade my plan. I have done this before and it has all been straightforward - I have kept the same SIM and number and the changes and extra cost have just appeared on my bill (I pay monthly).

This time I have had messages about getting a new SIM through the post but I don’t want a separate new plan, and still less a new phone number.

I’ve tried to get help about this but I haven’t been able to find the answers for myself on the community, and the chatbot is completely useless.

I’ve tried to get to speak to a real, live person via the chat option but there is no sign that I’m in any kind of queue and no response (except a survey popped up after a while). If I type anything at all, I just get shunted back to the chatbot. I’ve been waiting for ages but there is no sign that help is coming. There is no other way, as far as I can see, actually to make contact with a real support person in ID Mobile.

Any suggestions about how to talk to a real person???

If there isn’t, I’ll definitely be looking to change provider!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @katetica, sounds like you’ve taken out a new plan rather than upgraded.

I’ll drop you a private message shortly. Please keep an eye out for it!

Thank you,

Rory

I definitely DID NOT take out a new plan. I’ve checked my account and it is showing details for the upgrade.

The message says “your upgraded ID plan is now active. You’ll receive your new SIM card in the post”.

If it’s active, why do I need a new SIM card????

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

In that case, there should be nothing to worry about. We often send new SIMs out just in case of issues with your current one, or in case you’ve recently changed phone and the SIM no longer fits.

For peace of mind, though, we can take a look at your account just to be sure. However, it sounds like everything’s gone through correctly if your account is showing the new tariff information.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?