Solved

How do I ungroup SMS conversations?

Userlevel 1
I have a ZTE BLADE A110 handset. All my messages to and from a particular person are linked together in a conversation. I would like to turn this off - i.e. for each message to be shown separately. How can I do this?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 May 2018, 17:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Thanks Mohammed. You can unlink conversations in email, so I don't know why not in messaging. Still, at least I know there's no point in trying - I'll have to put up with it. Regards, Janet
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @janetm,

This is how messaging works on most (if not all) smartphones now.
Messages show as a conversation thread rather than allowing you to create a new chat for a different topic etc.

I think your best bet maybe heading to the Playstore and finding a different messenger app that will allow you to customise this.

I hope you find what you're looking for!

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks for getting back so quickly Mohammed. But I've tried all the SMS options offered by my phone and I can't find anything relevant on the link you sent.
The annoying thing about linking texts is that it assumes every text you exchange with a person is part of the same conversation! I could just delete older texts but sometimes I need to keep them. It would be better if you could just specify you want to start a new thread,
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @janetm,

Welcome to our iD Community!

By default, most smartphones show SMS messages in conversations. This groups together all SMS messages in one place.

You may be able to disable this from within the SMS settings on the phone.

If you're unsure, check out this tool on our website that has tutorials on how to manage different settings for smartphones.

If you're unable to do this from the SMS settings, you can look at changing the default messenger app on your phone by downloading a new messenger app from the PlayStore.

Hope this helps!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?