Solved

How to enable WiFi calling on LG V30

• 10 September 2019
  • 11 replies

I'm a little lost on this issue, as this phone has information on the net about using WiFi calling but it's not in your list of compatible phones.

Could you please confirm either way, and if not currently possible, advise how/who might make this happen?

Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 11 September 2019, 14:04

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @Blinkertoon

Since this model is not supported by iD Mobile there is very little they can do to help you. When I had Xperia XZ1 Compact which is not supported either, it took me a while to get it to work by flashing different versions of firmware and the one branded by o2 made the trick.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Blinkertoon and welcome to the community here.

Unfortunately only the phones that are on the Wi-Fi calling page list on our website are phones we officially support for that feature currently.

We do look to expand upon our phones as and when we can, but older phones are generally quite low on the priority list, so no promises could be made as to if your phone would be included one day we're sorry to say.
Hey @Blinkertoon

Since this model is not supported by iD Mobile there is very little they can do to help you. When I had Xperia XZ1 Compact which is not supported either, it took me a while to get it to work by flashing different versions of firmware and the one branded by o2 made the trick.

Kind Regards

Thanks Hikari - although didn't think ROMs were ever related to network carriers? Certainly haven't seen any like that for the v30 yet?
Hi @Blinkertoon and welcome to the community here.

Unfortunately only the phones that are on the Wi-Fi calling page list on our website are phones we officially support for that feature currently.

We do look to expand upon our phones as and when we can, but older phones are generally quite low on the priority list, so no promises could be made as to if your phone would be included one day we're sorry to say.

Thanks Kevin. Understand that policy. However, surely it can't be that difficult or in any way a support/resource issue? There are plenty of instructions from US carriers on how to basically switch it on - at most sounds like they just send a configuration file or signal to the phone to enable it?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Blinkertoon,

I understand. We know our Technical Team are always expanding the list of compatible phones, and we do hope that your phone is included in the near future.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan - although any idea if and how long this might be? Pretty sure I saw someone post about the same thing/phone a year ago..
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Blinkertoon,

Unfortunately, we don't have any time-frames for when this will be added.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Mohammed
Hello @Blinkertoon,

Unfortunately, we don't have any time-frames for when this will be added.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Mohammed

OK, thanks. And I don't want to keep this thread going for no purpose, but is it really that difficult to add a handset when it's clearly been working on other networks (i.e. in the US) for such a long time already?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Blinkertoon,

I'm not sure on the technical side of things but I don't believe it's as simple as flicking a switch to get this enabled. There are many factors and testing required for enabling this. Sorry I couldn't provide a more helpful answer.

Mohammed

Hi. Any update here by any chance? Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Blinkertoon 

Unfortunately  LG V30 is still not on the list of compatible devices and as of today it is very unlikely to be added. Currently most about to date is LG V60 which means that your model is now "end of the line" product. 

Just to explain more about WiFi Calling, I can use my struggle with Galaxy Note 10 as example. It was involving flashing different files into the system to make it work. Here is the link to the thread.

Why iD Mobile?