Solved

How to extend ring time before going to voicemail

I have a Samsung S8 and I want to increase the amount of time my phone rings for before going to voicemail.
How do I do this please ?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 2 June 2018, 11:58

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Mootle,

Welcome to the iD Community!

It's really easy to increase the time before going to voicemail.

We've got lots of information about Voicemail here

The bit you're looking for is;

How do I increase/decrease the time before a call goes to voicemail?

When receiving a call, your mobile is automatically set to ring for 30 seconds before it's diverted voicemail. However you have the ability to change this at any time to a choice of five-second intervals, ranging from 5 to 30 seconds. All you need to do is enter **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like your phone to ring for, then # and call. So, if for example, you'd like your phone to ring for 20 seconds, you'd need to dial **61*123**20# and press call. Once you've done this, a message will pop up on your screen confirming the update.

Hope this helps!

Mohammed
Hello,

Could you also say what the process is on an iPhone 6 ?

Thank you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jbrancon,

The above information should be the same for iPhone's too.

All you need to do is enter **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like your phone to ring for, then # and call. So, if for example, you'd like your phone to ring for 20 seconds, you'd need to dial **61*123**20# and press call. Once you've done this, a message will pop up on your screen confirming the update. You can have it ring for a maximum of 30-seconds.

Ryan
Hello Ryan,

When I do this, the following error message appears:

"
Error performing request
Unknown Error

Setting Activation Failed
Voice Call Forwarding
When Unanswered

Data Call Forwarding
When Unanswered

Fax Call Forwarding
When Unanswered

SMS Call Forwarding
When Unanswered
"

What should I do about this ?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @jbrancon,

A user had a similar issue here.

He suggested the following:

Try the following:
code:
**61*07782333123*15#

[Removed additional star from above code]

This will change the ring time to 15 seconds.

So the last 2 numbers can be changed to 20 for 20 seconds and so on.

Can you let us know if this works as we'll need to get the information topic on our website updated?

Mohammed
Unfortunately not: I got the same error message.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jbrancon,

Using the information we've found on this link to a discussion with Apple: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7603663 you can find a way of setting this up

The full code (as of step 3) on that guide should read as **61*+447782333123*11*30# on your phone.

Let me know how it goes.

Ryan
Hello Ryan,

"
Error performing request
Unknown Error

Setting Registration Failed
Voice Call Forwarding
When Unanswered
"

Regards.
Hi, I've been so confused about how to decrease the time it takes for calls to go through to my voicemail.

I run a business and have a personalised voicemail for customers when I'm not able to answer, but the waiting time is too long.

I've tried codes like **61*123**(number of seconds)# and **61*121*11*(number of seconds)# but all of these I've done have made the problem worse and just enabled call forwarding. Which seems to of gotten rid of my voicemail completely too.

I just want it to be around 5-10 seconds so that people aren't hanging around so long, and no call forwarding.

I hope you can help, thank you!

Matthiu
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @MatthiuHope

I am assuming that you are using an Apple device then?

If you handset is an iPhone then try tricks that are given by @Ryan and @Mohammed in this thread here

Regards
Hi @Hikari

I just have a Huawei P20, I've contacted Huawei too but they said to ask ID Mobile.

I've chatted with someone from ID yesterday but they just gave me the same codes I've already tried. I'm just trying to get my voicemail at least back to normal now before I try to shorten it again.

I may have to pop in to a store somewhere to get it sorted because I have no idea what to do now and neither does ID by the sounds of it.

But thank you though! Hopefully I will sort it soon.

-Matthiu
Also, now when I get a call it rings for 10 seconds for me, but the caller has to wait about 50 secs before it says that the number you've dialled is incorrect. And it doesn't go through to voicemail at all.

I've tried turning my voicemail on and off through my account online but that doesn't seem to of changed anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello All,

To clean up the forum, I've now merged the topics together which can help us provide support more effectively.

Hello Ryan,

"
Error performing request
Unknown Error

Setting Registration Failed
Voice Call Forwarding
When Unanswered
"

Regards.

Hello @jbrancon, when you dial *#61# what number shows on this screen? We will try to get to the bottom of this with you.

It looks like originally the code may have been written incorrectly which we're trying to get to the bottom of.
Can you try the following 2 for us:

code:
**61*07782333123*30#

and

code:
**61*07782333123*11*30#

Let me know if either of them work and if so, which one so we can get the correct information relayed moving forward.

Also, now when I get a call it rings for 10 seconds for me, but the caller has to wait about 50 secs before it says that the number you've dialled is incorrect. And it doesn't go through to voicemail at all.

I've tried turning my voicemail on and off through my account online but that doesn't seem to of changed anything.

Hey @MatthiuHope,

To confirm, have you tried dialling the following:

code:
**61*07782333123*10#

What happens?

If that doesn't work, could you try the following;

code:
**61*+447782333123*11*30#

Originally, my post above had an extra star when I typed it out which I've now corrected.
Mohammed
Mohamed,

Unfortunately, both returned an error message.
Hi @Mohammed

I've tried both of those and the same thing happens, it says "Call forwarding registration successful"

I've got ID mobile tech support to contact on Monday, cos they said they've sorted out my query I just have to call them to ask what to do now. So hopefully that goes well!

Why iD Mobile?