Solved

How to get rid of annoying "no voice service" notification

• 6 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all,

I have a Moto G5 with Android 8.1.0. I have limited or no mobile reception at my house. Since the last major update I get continual (every ~5 mins) notifications with sound, saying "no voice service at your location". I've tried disabling it through the app settings but it's not allowed and greyed out.
It's deeply, deeply irritating as I keep thinking I have messages, and if I'm using my phone to watch videos the notifications mute audio so I miss dialogue. I'm well aware there's no signal; I don't need my phone to tell me. Any ideas? If I have to root my phone, so be it. Cheers!
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 July 2019, 15:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks Mohammed, that seems to have done the trick! It seems overly complicated having two separate ways to decide the level of notifications but there you are.

Much appreciated!

Chris

Awesome @burncpt,

Very pleased to hear it worked!

I know the feeling of when you manage to solve something that's been driving you crazy for a while. 😆

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks Mohammed, that seems to have done the trick! It seems overly complicated having two separate ways to decide the level of notifications but there you are.

Much appreciated!

Chris
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @burncpt,

Go to Settings > Mobile Network > Network Operator and select "Choose Automatic" this will ensure the phone is automatically trying to find a connection and should stop this.

If this doesn't work, go to Settings and locate the Notifications settings. You should be able to toggle this off. If the option to toggle this is not allowed, try the below steps and it should work:

Tap and hold (long press) on the notification and press "More Settings"
You'll then see that the Alert Toggle is greyed out and turned on but, you can press on the word alert and this should allow you to change the importance priority. If you set this to low, it'll disappear for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?