Solved

Huawei P20 lite

• 11 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, can anyone tell me the processor speed on the id supplied mobile as well as confirmantion that the screen is HD? thanks BFJ
icon

Best answer by Kodak 11 April 2018, 21:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Whatever carrier you use the phone processor speed will be the same, that's fixed by the phone not the carrier.

Google is your friend for checking out all the specification of your chosen phone.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for that, but was unsure if there had been a previous model of the P20 lite with a poorer spec. Idmobile sell the previous model of Nokia 6 rather than the 2018 one. Thanks once again
Userlevel 2
I'm not sure what country you are in. In the UK we can go to the Carphone Warehouse shop (they are part of iD) if unsure about about the exact spec.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for everybodies help. BFJ
Userlevel 4
Whatever carrier you use the phone processor speed will be the same, that's fixed by the phone not the carrier.

Google is your friend for checking out all the specification of your chosen phone.

I'm pretty sure that this carrier business that people are asking is because of the numerous models that some big manufacturers have which are causing a lot of fragmentation (too many models of the same phone).

In the US where there are CDMA and GSM providers, there carriers support different LTE bands and some phones have no SIMs at all due to the carrier registration with CDMA.

Mostly anywhere else in the world there are handsets made for certain regions, for example, in Europe we have a mostly standardised region model of only LTE bands on FDD but in Asia regions they use TDD LTE so the bands for that region will require a different/modified chipset.

These differences can cause a change in chipset, for example, on Samsung devices in some regions they use the Exynos (US) and Snapdragon in the UK. These are majorly due to the fact of radio legislative licensing and radio performance (probably).

This is why sometimes you can finder cheaper handsets off eBay/Amazon Marketplace/etc, because those devices may not have the bands required for European LTE networks and are made for Asian regions (which use TDD).

However, back to the point, processor speed doesn't mean a lot in terms of today's smartphones, you may see a significant increase in synthetic benchmarks but in reality of real-world performance, a couple megahertz will not benefit you much. The optimisation of the processor's instruction sets and the way it operates is much more important and the sizes of cache including RAM. I'd be more concerned on the RAM and mobile GPU chipset than the clock speed of a processor.
Userlevel 2
A very interesting post. I agree it's very difficult to see exactly the specification of any phone just by the model number. I have a Moto G5, it has 3gb of ram and dual sim slots, my wife has a Moto G5 but her phone has 2 gb of ram and 1 sim slot, the performance in every day use is identical. Without doing a lot of google searching you would never know that 2 phones with the same model number had different specifications and both sold in the UK. In the end it's not good to get hung up on th phone specification but to read reviews on how the phone meets your needs.

Why iD Mobile?