Solved

Huawei P20 Pro

• 16 November 2018
  • 5 replies

On my P10 i could set individual ringtones for email, messaging etc. but doesn't appear to be an option on my upgrade to P20 Pro. Is this the case or have i missed something?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 January 2019, 16:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JCMyles,

I also have the Huawei P20 Pro and found difficulty with changing the individual notification tones back when I got the phone in June 2018. It doesn't look like they have included an option to change these since then either which is unfortunate as it would have been very beneficial.
We can only hope for this to change soon!

@Toddybad,

If you give our Sales Team a call on 0800 049 0250, they will be able to advise you further on the deals that we currently have available for this phone.

Ryan
Different question about this phone:

I'm looking to buy one and want around 8MB data allowance. For some reason the max plan option is 5MB. Also, is there any way to pay an upfront fee to keep the price around the £30/month mark?
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I can change it the way I described. I have different ringtones for different emails within Gmail app. It should work for you too unless Huawei really striped this functionality from their phone.
Still unable to set individual ringtones.
in sound settings there is Default notification sound
Default ringtone for Messaging, Email and calendar.
I can however change ringtone for calendar, WhatsApp, calls, individual contacts calling as you would expect.
You can turn on/off sound for Email but now appears to be default tone along with messaging

Rather strange to upgrade and have less functionality in this respect 🤔
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi JCMyles. So thing is that changing the ringtone for an individual app has been changed since Android Oreo (if I am not mistaken). You can still do it by going to Settings -> Apps&Notifications -> Configure Notifications -> Notifications -> Choose an app from the list to change ringtone -> Then tap the settings as on the pictures below

Why iD Mobile?