Question

I can't get a 4G signal with Samsung A70 from ID mobile

• 8 October 2020
  • 2 replies

SMS messages someone's take up to an hour to come through for at least a month now.

I compared my wife's phone with an ID mobile sim and found her signal strength was much higher than mine.

PuttingĀ this sim in another phone, the signal strength was high like the other sim in the same phone.

I noticed it had a 4g signal but the other A70 only had a H+

Putting the sim back in the A70,Ā the highest option in settings on the A70 is LTE/3G/2G for 2 ID mobile Sims

I've tried removing the Sim, turning off then on again etc.

I tried the live chat but it keeps saying nobody is available. I tried to complain but nobody is available!

I feel like cancelling the DD and switching to a network where you can actually contact a money of staff.

Ā 

Ā 

2 replies

I just realised I didn't specifically end my explanation with an actual question.

I have two really - can anybody give advice regarding how I might resolve the technical issue?

And... If I can't get through to customer service and can't even leave a message, what can I do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AndyP27,

Usually on the Live Chat if you type ā€œI want to speak to Live Chatā€ itā€™ll direct you to an agent.

Weā€™re here also.

Ā 

Based on what youā€™ve said above, it sounds like the handset is faulty in this instance, since testing your SIM in another handset saw instant improvements.

Did you get the contract handset from us or elsewhere?

Samsung handsets have a 24-month warranty so you can visit your local Carphone Warehouse store to book the handset in for a repair.Ā 

Ā 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?