Question

Incoming calls coming in as unknown

• 20 June 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,
I recently got a Oneplus 6, and with a couple of tweaks, managed to get volte and vowifi working almost perfectly. I need this feature for work as my house is a dead spot.
The only problem is, whenever I'm using these services, all my incoming calls come in as unknown number.
I've tried wiping cache, reset network settings, trying to find a different APN to use, but no luck so far.
My guess is that it's not provisioned on my account or I'm missing an APN setting (ims maybe).
if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it as I'm out of ideas for how!

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @mtsampson, I know that @DeliriousMetro Henri also has a OnePlus 6 and was trying to get this working also.

Perhaps together you may find the answer?

WiFi calling isn't supported on the OnePlus 6 device so there isn't any support we can provide to get this sorted, hopefully someone else may be able to assist further.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Ok, I think I saw his post a few days ago actually!

Hey @DeliriousMetro, not sure if you've managed to crack this one or not?

If you have root a quick way to test whats going on would be to make the changes to the build.prop file on your OP6 and see if you can 1. activate VoLTE and VoWiFi as easy as it was for me, and 2. see if your incoming caller id works.
If it does I know its a problem on my end!

Matt
Userlevel 1
@Mohammed
would it be possible for you to tell me the APN settings you use for phones that you support VoLTE and VoWiFi for?

My phone currently only has the iD Internet settings, but I've seen various posts online that show ims APN settings.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
@Mohammed

would it be possible for you to tell me the APN settings you use for phones that you support VoLTE and VoWiFi for?

My phone currently only has the iD Internet settings, but I've seen various posts online that show ims APN settings.

Thanks

Hey @mtsampson,

We only have one set of APN settings that are provided to all handsets.

This is the following: Name: iD
APN: id
Username:
Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username:
MMS APN Password:
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with should be left blank

Hope this helps.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
@mtsampson
Can I ask how you got volte and vowifi working on the OP6?

Cheers

Why iD Mobile?