Question

is there an android (Samsung Galaxy Ace 4) equivalent of the ‘changing imessage number’ solution for post ported number issue/problem.

• 21 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi is there an android (Samsung Galaxy Ace 4) equivalent of the ‘changing imessage number’ solution for post ported number issue/problem.

My existing ee number was ported over, my phone/sim worked great for 24hrs but now I can not make or receive texts or calls!

i know this has been solved on iPhones by changing the number under imessage but I need the Android equivalent.

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @SteMcC

Have you tried standard troubleshooting steps on your phone?

* Check if you prefered network mode is set to 3G in the network settings.
* remove sim from your phone and put it back in.
* Reset network settings and setup new APN.

If you did try it and none of it worked I could suggest to try using this code #*#46368676#*#* in your dialer and that should take you to hidden menu. There you should have a toggle "mobile radio power" I could try to toggle it off and on to see if that will help.

Bare in mind this is not an official iD Mobile solution, it is just a hack that I found during my years playing with mobile phones. As a disclaimer, either iD Mobile or me take responsibility if something goes wrong here, you can give it a go if you feel confident about it but it is your own choice.

Kind Regards
Yes I’ve tried all that. My brother had exactly the same issue after porting his old number, but he was on iPhone and sorted it by changing the number under iMessage number (Name, phone numbers, email)
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @SteMcC

Nice to see a Shark fan among the community here (going off your profile pic).

Sometimes a good trick for this sort of thing is to:
  1. turn off your phone
  2. remove the SIM
  3. turn on the phone (without a SIM inserted)
  4. leave the phone on for about 4-5 minutes
  5. turn the phone off
  6. re-insert SIM
  7. turn phone on
This sometimes forces a refresh of the settings the phone acquires itself for what is actually in use and such.

Why iD Mobile?