Solved

issue with battery and performance (Huawei PSmart)

• 16 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I have an old model Huawei PSmart around 18-20 months old contract expires January 20. Lately the battery only lasts around half a day with normal usage, less with heavy. Even not being used and on standby it's lucky to make the day. The performance is also severely reduced and apps that previously worked fine crash frequently. I have tried all the simple stuff factory reset. Full drain and recharge on battery and moved everything to local storage with no luck. Any ideas what options I have doesn't seem early upgrade is possible and not sure what if any repair or warranty is available. Failing that any way to reduce monthly contract so I can cancel or get another phone?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 16 August 2019, 14:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hello @Sanorm

If your contract expires in January then you will be eligible for an upgrade from November which is not that far away. If I would be in your situation I would take it to Carphone for battery replacement which should not be expensive and will allow to use your current phone until you can upgrade.

Alternatively maybe you could buy cheap payg phone from Carphone, you can get some for really really cheap like £50-£60 and they will do your for these couple of months until you upgrade is available.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?