Solved

Issues with my mobile phone

• 26 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Recieved a brand new Samsung A50 that is a dodgy device from Carphone Warehouse in Kingston. Device is less than 6 months old. The same woman also tried to scratch my phone. I need the device as I am getting married so cannot just send it off. Last time my previous phone an A5 2017 the Samsung store purposely damaged my device and tried to justify a bill of £167 just to put back the device. Disgusting behaviour. I want a new Samsung A51 sent to me as my current contract is £26 for rubbish service. No texts or calls work on the device and wifi regularly cuts out. Not an issue with the sim as my dad's friend started GiffGaff. Try contacting customer support and it is all automated rubbish. I will be cancelling the contract if nothing is done and I am not paying the difference. Utter scam. 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 July 2020, 10:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Faizan007,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the phone. As we do not manage the Carphone Warehouse stores, we would recommend contacting Carphone Warehouse directly for assistance with issues in the store. Similarly, Samsung stores are separate to us too so you would need to raise a complaint with Samsung for that.

In regards to faulty phones though, we would always recommend visiting a Carphone Warehouse store so that they can send the phone off for a repair for you, and if the fault is covered by the warranty of the phone then the repair would be free.

Ryan

Dear Ryan,

Typical behaviour not accepting the blame. It's your service that is rubbish. Wasted time and just being sent in circles as usual. I should be sent a brand new A51 no questions asked. You are also responsible. It is a contract. How dare you try to justify having me pay the remainder of the cost of the phone which is a faulty device. Will be cancelling the contract and moving to a better provider such as GiffGaff or O2. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Faizan007,

I’m sorry if you feel that we are not accepting the blame. Your issues with the Carphone Warehouse store staff and with Samsung directly are out of our control due to them not being a part of our network; we have no influence over their dealings and your complaints about each is best served by being brought to their respective attention.

In regards to the issue with the phone, we are accepting responsibility by asking you to take the phone into a Carphone Warehouse store for a warranty repair as they are authorised to carry out such repairs.

The service you pay for is access to the network services via the SIM card. This SIM card can be placed into another phone in the meantime if you can’t use the network services through the faulty phone, and unfortunately, we can’t replace the phone without first being able to attempt to fix the fault for you. If the phone is not at fault then it may be down to coverage, and you can check for reported issues here.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
Ryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Faizan007 

If the phone is simply showing signs of being faulty under warranty, and is free from physical damage.  You will be able to take it to the Carphone Warehouse counter in any local Currys PC World and have them send it off for repair under the warranty.

Any issues relating to your point of sale would need to be directed toward Carphone Warehouse if that was where you bought the phone originally.

Any issues relating to the iD Mobile network coverage though, things like that we can help with.

If you’re experiencing coverages issues currently, could we get your postcode to look into any known issues in the area?

Why iD Mobile?