Solved

Missing Voicemails

• 25 July 2020
  • 3 replies

There were voicemails that I needed to keep hold of for legal reasons that I had definitely saved to my sim every time I went to listen to them, however most of them have disappeared and I have found no way of recovering them. I was wondering whether there is some kind of glitch in the system that makes this happen and if so, is there a way I can go about recovering them? If a relevant person would like to contact me privately, I have an incident number that I can provide.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 July 2020, 16:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sfcook1507,

Have you changed your SIM card or ported/changed your number at all? These could cause the messages to be lost. We will have a member of the support team message you now to offer further assistance.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I broke my phone screen so whilst that is getting fixed, I have been using a different phone. Will they potentially reappear when I go back to my regular phone? I should be getting my phone back tomorrow. If not, I will message the support team asking for further assistance.

Thank you 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @sfcook1507 

If you have switched to another phone temporarily, then any messages received would only ever be visible and backed up to that phone you’re using at the time.

Depending on if a factory reset is done on your old phone (the one being fixed) would determine whether or not any old texts are still on there once you get that phone back (or if you have data saved in a backup you did before sending the phone off? then you may be able to retrieve stuff that way).

Any messages you’ve received to the phone you’re using currently will not be visible once you switch back to your main phone again, as these types of things are saved to the phone, not the SIM card.

If you do need further help from us though, just ask away here.

Why iD Mobile?