Solved

MMS messaging

When I send a picture message, it won't send. The message received is "service not activated on network". I have reset APN settings and it still wont send. I have send picture messages before. Any ideas??
icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 July 2018, 20:02

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Scottl23,

Welcome to the iD community!

Which phone are you currently using? Also, are you able to screenshot the APN settings that you have and attach them to your message so we can advise further?

Ryan
Hi I have a Huawei Y6. attached screenshot of APN.

/Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thanks for that @Scottl23.

When you press the Menu button, before hitting the Edit option, is there an option to add a brand new APN? This may be shown as a + symbol. If so, please press this and add the APN settings from scratch. Here they are:

Name: iD
APN: id
Username:
Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username:
MMS APN Password:
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with should be left blank

Let me know how you get on.

Ryan
Thanks for reply. No still received same message when trying to send message
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Scottl23,

Not a problem.

The next step you can try is deleting all of your current APN settings (including the one we just added).

Can you do this and then restart the phone?

Once you've restarted, add a new APN setting with the same settings as below:
Name: iD
APN: id
Username:
Password:

MMSC: http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username:
MMS APN Password:
MMS Port: 8799

* anything with should be left blank

Let me know how you get on.

Ryan

Usually, deleting and re-adding the APN settings refreshes you on the network in a way and tends to fix most issues relating to data/MMS.

Mohammed
Thanks for that. It works when I sent photo message to one contact but still won't send the original. I have retyped and downloaded the picture exactly the same as the one to the other contact but this one still won't send>
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Howdy @Scottl23

Are the issues you're facing only happening with a specific contact? or multiple?

Just as a side note. MMS messages aren't part of your plan and would cost 30p to send. So if you're at the limit of your cap at the moment, could it be bouncing based on that?

Kevin
Hi

Just one contact. I don't think it would be to do with the cap as it sends to other contacts.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
That's peculiar @Scottl23

Do you have any other notable difficulties with our network and that contact?
Is the number you're trying to send the message to a standard UK mobile number?
No I have only been with iD for a couple of months but no problems. Yes I presume it's a standard UK mobile no 07941?

It's a mystery ....???
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Scottl23,

It doesn't appear to be a non-standard 07 number when checking our list here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/nonstandard07numbers

It's odd that the specific contact is unable to be sent MMS messages.

How is the number stored?

You can try deleting the contact and re-adding them as the following:

+447941[rest of the number here]

Then open a new conversation thread and try again.

Mohammed
Can't send any mms pictures
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Shimmo,

I have moved your post to this topic which might help you in getting this sorted. Let us know if you still need help after trying your APN settings as above.

Ryan
Hi I reset apn and I sent a picture to my step-son and it worked so I sent to the wife but did not send so I reinstall the wife's number and tried again but it still doesn't work
Forgot to add that she is on virgin
Just tried wife's phone and she can receive and send pictures so I changed phones and its still the same. So it's a samsung j4 plus and a Sony Xperia za1 my sim can't send to a virgin number

Why iD Mobile?