Solved

Mobile Hotspot not working

• 24 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm on a sim only deal with 4gb data on an Android phone. My laptop is Windows 10.

My phone can access the internet, so no problem there.

So, I turn on mobile hotspot on my phone. My laptop sees it and I click to connect. I enter the pass key and my laptop connects. All looks good until I try to access the internet with my laptop. I get the 'no internet' error message and can't access the web. Then the little orange triangle appears on the WIFI symbol.

I can still access the internet with my phone.

Any ideas please?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 February 2019, 14:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @grahamn

I often experience similar issue and for me a simple reboot on both devices fix the issue. Have you tried to reboot both of the devices and try to connect then right after they turn on back again? Also forgetting your hotspot in WiFi settings on your laptop and connecting again should help as well.

Let us know if you tried any of the above. If your issue persists then we will need to investigate it further.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi Hikari

I already tried this. Cleared the cache, rebooted phone and laptop. Still the same. I used my other phone (Samsung), that has an EE sim, and it works fine.

So, it is either the ID sim or phone.

When I have the time tomorrow, I will take my ID sim and put it into my Samsung. If this doesn't work, the problem is with the ID sim.

Regards

Graham
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @grahamn,

If you could try the SIM card in another device to set up the hotspot, this would be great.

If it doesn't work, even after trying this, then there isn't much more support we can offer as we don't officially support the Mobile Hotspot/Tethering feature, and more information can be found in answer to this topic here, as explained by Mohammed.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
All good now :)

I tried a few things all at once and it has cured the problem. Not sure which did it, but for future reference, here's what I did.

Did a factory reset from settings.
It's a dual sim phone, I swapped the sim cards round.
Pressed the reset button inside the phone.
When i rebooted it, I got the configuration messages again - installed these.

Personally, I suspect it was switching the 2 sims over.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
I'm glad to hear that it's now sorted @grahamn 🙂

If you need help with anything else, please let me know!

Ryan
Userlevel 1

I had the same problem and resolved it by editing the Access Point for iD Internet. I changed the APN Type to read :

default,supl,mms,dun

then restarted the phone.

Why iD Mobile?