Question

Moto G8 plus - black screen on boot - who looks at it please under 6 months old

• 10 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My wive’s new (about 3mth old) Moto G8 plus now won’t show anything on the screen. We just get a black screen of nothing, but the fingerprint sensor makes the phone vibrate - as does holding the power button. We’ve fully drained it a few times and recharged for 15m+, all to no avail. Seems like the screen has died? Seems it needs looking at under her warranty.

Being mail-order, what do we do please? I think we need to take it to a Carphone Warehouse, correct? Is Carephone Warehouse the way to get it looked at under warranty?

Assuming so, how do we get this investigate at the moment please? I guess we just need to wait for our local store to reopen (in some way)? Or have alternate processes been put in place?

Thanks for any thoughts offered.

Regards

Robert

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @bowmanr,

Motorola complete their own repairs and have not authorised Carphone Warehouse to complete them on their behalf.

We would normally just forward the device to Motorola.

You can contact Motorola for support on booking the handset it for repair under warranty.

Visit: https://support.motorola.com/uk/en for info

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mohammed,

Many thanks for that confirmation - we have since spoken with Carphone Warehouse who put us onto Motorola. It’s all underway now.

Again, thank you for the details.

Regards

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @bowmanr,

Glad to hear that, hope it’s resolved soon :)

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?