Question

Motorola Moto G6 plus wifi.

• 12 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I have just received my new Moto G6 plus on ID. But it will not connect to the wifi network. My Samsung A5 works fine as do other people ising Samsung and Apple phones. It did find the Network but wouldnt connect saying 'out of range' thats despite being next to the rooter. I have reset the router which made no diference. I have noticed that the ip addresdes are 10. Range. I cannot get access to the router settings as I live in supported housing so all IT related problems are through them. It must be a phone setting as everyone else can connect and i could connect to a hotspot down the road. Any help would be appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Mattcaney, in this case we'd recommend forgetting the WiFi network on your phone and retrying to connect.

If you are able to connect to another WiFi network this would make it more likely that it is a router issue but restarting the router should help.
-Phil
Userlevel 1
I have just received my new Moto G6 plus on ID. But it will not connect to the wifi network. My Samsung A5 works fine as do other people ising Samsung and Apple phones. It did find the Network but wouldnt connect saying 'out of range' thats despite being next to the rooter. I have reset the router which made no diference. I have noticed that the ip addresdes are 10. Range. I cannot get access to the router settings as I live in supported housing so all IT related problems are through them. It must be a phone setting as everyone else can connect and i could connect to a hotspot down the road. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,
I had the same problem with my dual SIM Moto G6. I could not access Amazon Music, Amazon Store, and other apps on my home WiFi. I only noticed it in the past few weeks. I thought a phone update caused it but....

2 nights ago I put the ID mobile sim in my wife's perfectly functioning Moto G7. Immediately Amazon Music Amazon store would not connect on the home WiFi, she couldn't send Snapchat exactly like my Moto G6.

This led me to assume that whatever settings the id mobile changed (eg location) on the Moto during provisioning prevented these apps working on my router.

Removing the id SIM from the phones, factory reset of phones, network reset of phones router reset made no difference.

My evidence is
1. The dual SIM Moto G7 was working perfectly until the id mobile sim was inserted. 2. Using a free VPN app these setting changes were ignored and said apps connected over the WiFi router. 3 A Google search of Moto USA band led me to using my laptop to erase modemst1 and modemst2 from the phone (after id mobile sim removed) and this fixed the phone.
Userlevel 1

My evidence is
1. The dual SIM Moto G7 was working perfectly until the id mobile sim was inserted.
2. Using a free VPN app these setting changes were ignored and said apps connected over the WiFi router.
3 A Google search of Moto USA band led me to using my laptop to erase modemst1 and modemst2 from the phone (after id mobile sim removed) and this fixed the phone.
4 this is reproducible, If the ID SIM card is removed from the Moto phone and modemst1 and modemst2 have been erased the phone can connect over home wifi to Amazon Muisic or Amazon Store and other said apps.
5 When I replace the ID SIM into the card after clearing modemst1/2 it goes back to stage one where the apps I need (())possibly these apps demand connectivity dependant on location or network) as stored on modemst1/2 aND WHICH vpn APPS SPOOF TO ALLOW CONNECTION

Inserting the ID SIM onto my device seems to change my devices data/permisions/location WITHOUT MY PERMISSION !!!

What is happening on my Moto Devices? When I insert an ID Mobile sim? And are changes being made to my device when I insert that SIM and why am I not allowed a choice on those changes?

I have contacted my ISP (Internet service Provider) about this, I have contacted Moto/ LenovoI have contacted Amazon and I am contacted ID Mobile .

But my question about this problem with my personal data and modemst1 / modemst2 and ID Mobile sim on my Moto devices is who should I address a "Subject Access Request" to.

Who are changing my personal information on my devices when I insert a new SIM Card and why am I not getting a choice on whether to change my information on my device ?

I am considering contacting the Information Comissioners Office about how my personal information on my device is changed when I insert a new SIM CARD.
Userlevel 1
I have cancelled my id mobile contract because of this issue and the problems with the Moto dual SIM phones when the id SIM card are inserted.
Userlevel 1

Has your phone been sorted ?

Why iD Mobile?