Question

My service has disappeared after a reset

• 22 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve just had to do a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017). Now, when I try to set the phone up again, when it gets to the 2-stage authentication stage, the text they send never arrives. Also, when I try and ring the mobile from a landline, I get a voicemail saying the device is busy. Help!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @subvox0,

We’re sorry to hear that! Is the two-factor authentication to do with a Google or Samsung Account? Some phones use those accounts as a security layer to stop someone simply resetting a device to gain access. Feel free to send us a photo of the error message if possible and we’ll see what we can do.

In the meantime, if you were to place the SIM card into another unlocked phone, does it work? If the Samsung device is locked then this may not work with the SIM card until the phone is set up again.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, the two-factor authentication is to do with a Samsung account, I’m pretty sure, its one of the steps I have to go through to set the phone up again after the factory reset.

I’m not sure if the SIM card would work in another phone, It’s well-nigh impossible to get the tray open, I had to go to Carphone Warehouse (where I bought the phone) to get them to do it when I wanted to install an SD card!. I’ll see if I can get a photo of the error message tomorrow evening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @subvox0,

That’s very odd.

Can you confirm if you’re showing as connected to a network? If so, how many bars?

If not, please can you try running a manual network search via the settings > Mobile network and select iD from the results?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?