Solved

New phone need help with transfer

• 4 October 2018
  • 5 replies

I have just upgraded to a Huawei. I don't know how to transfer stuff from my old windows phone.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 5 October 2018, 17:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @AnnieG,

We can understand that switching from one Operating System to another can definitely be a big step.

There's lot's of articles online which provide support but I'll link you to Google's page which will help with this.

https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/mobile/switch-from-windows-phone/#!/

You can also head to your local Carphone Warehouse and a member of staff may be able to help with transferring your data across.

Mohammed
Thanks for your reply. I had a look, but couldn't understand what it meant about G suite@.. Am I a G suite customer? How do I go to account settings, is this just settings? How do I add my G suite account? Is this the same as my newly formed google email address? Seems too difficult - if I take it to Carphone warehouse will the charge me for help?
Hi @AnnieG,

Carphone Warehouse should be able to provide general technical support, however carrying out a data transfer from your old handset to your new one may incur a charge.

Jade
Feel so frustrated. Took it into Carphone warehouse, and they couldn't do it. I don't care about paying, but I need it done. They told me to come back when their text expert was back from holiday. They shouldn't have sold me a windows phone in the first place.
Hi @AnnieG,

Apologies Carphone Warehouse were unable to help, it sounds like the best bet would be waiting for their technical advisor to be available in store to help you get this sorted.

Jade

Why iD Mobile?