Solved

No service after Android 10 upgrade

• 15 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Since my phone (Motorola one action) updated to Android 10 yesterday, it has been showing “emergency calls only” and the no service icon.  No texts or normal calls are possible.
Motorola forums seem to indicate this is a specific problem with ID Mobile SIMs.

Posting here so ID Mobile users are aware it is not just them.

It looks like Motorola are trying to find a solution. 

Are ID Mobile doing anything to help?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 25 February 2020, 16:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @s2robert,

I believe we are already speaking to you via Social Media regarding this one and will liaise with you there. This has been raised to Motorola and we are currently waiting for a response from them regarding this.

Mohammed

Thanks @Mohammed . I'm not in contact with you on social media but am happy to know this is being looked at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @s2robert,

Apologies for the misunderstanding there as the other customer who raised this had the same phone and issue!

As soon as Motorola have updated us,  we’ll let you know.

Mohammed

Same problem. ID seem to be hoping that Motorola fix it, but it’s cheaper to change provider than to buy a new phone, so I think IDmobile need to do what it takes to sort it

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @s2robert and @Zzzzzz 

Unfortunately, we’ve not had any positive news back as of yet from Motorola on this issue, and at this stage we’d have to list the device as not supported with iD Mobile due to this upgrade.  At least unless Motorola do fix the issue there side with a further update.

Due to this, as a goodwill gesture.  We’ll be happy to cover any bills received since this occurred and be happy to offer you a PAC (code) to move your number to another provider, and we’ll ensure you have no bill to pay for anything upon leaving too.

If we could ask you both to get in touch with us at:

Please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.  For convenience too, please mention the Motorola issue in the email in case it’s not one of the team who has replied here who pick that email up.

We apologise again for all the frustration in this, though unfortunately this Motorola update has truly left us constricted here.

Why iD Mobile?