nor receiving vodafone calls

• 16 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I ported my number from Vodafone to ID, I have a Motorola g8 power. I can ring and message all my contacts but anyone on Vodafone cannot call me. This is a big issue as around a third of my business contacts are Vodafone. Why are Vodafone calls being rejected with beeps and number not connected message to the caller?????

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

I have many threads on the community chat with comments by the ID team however no answers or solutions to the problem I am having, does this mean there is no solution???

Does anyone know how you can speak to ID, I know calling 7777 however this is all automated answer and so far I have not spoken to a person!!!

All very frustrating and now considering leaving as I am loosing business 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Harold7 

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with receiving calls from other Vodafone numbers. We would advise resetting the network setting on your phone. You can do this through the settings option on your phone.

If you have an iPhone, please check the iMessage settings and try the following: 

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.

Thanks

Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi ID Community,

i have gone through the settings and checked all as above, and switched off and on, but still cannot receive calls from any Vodafone callers..

Due to my old number being one of mant used by my ex work collegys and a close relation, this is very important..

When they call, there is either no tone or a message saying “number unavaable”

John M 

Userlevel 1

Not receiving Vodafone calls

is anyone there?

one message / answer to the same problem as i have had said that they believed thst the number may have only been partially ported from Vodafone to ID ? And it was going to be passed to the tech team ..

could someone let me know how this can be progressed?

Thanks

John M

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @John M 

We are sorry to hear you are also having issues with not receiving calls from people who are on Vodafone. We will send you a Private Message to help with this.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?