Question

not receiving text messages

• 3 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, my sim has suddenly stopped receiving text messages from the 31st Dec I can send and call and people are receiving but I am not receiving their replies. I have turned the handset off removed the sim and turned aeroplane mode on. I've also tried my sim in other handsets. I have not changed my handset and also reset the settings. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, did you get your issue sorted??? I'm having the same problem all the people I cant receive messages from are on tesco mobile I can send and phone them and they are receiving my messages and calls but I dotn get their responses. This is all my family so is very frustrating and looking at changing networks if this cant be resolved 

Userlevel 1

Hi could you please advise what advice was given for your issue? I'm having the exact same problem all 3 people are with tesco they have received my messages and replied but I dont get the reply its all family so very frustrating . Many thanks.

Userlevel 1

I should add this problem is only with people on tesco mobile. They have contracted tesco who have confirmed no issues there side they can receive texts and replies are been sent and registered on their network. I had turned the phone off removed the sim had aeroplane mode reset the network tried 2 different handsets but the problem is still happening.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sammie1991,

We are sorry to hear about this issue. We will send you a PM now so we can look into this further for you as you seem to have tried a few things already which hasn’t helped the issue.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

@Sammie1991

The issue just seemed to suddenly fix itself. I too was mulling over the options, as I was relying on using FB to communicate. Also tesco mobile, both my parents texts weren't coming through. Tesco confirmed that the messages appeared on their system having passed through and therefore the problem lay between tesco and id/3 or myself. But it righted itself and I've no idea how or why..... or id fixed it without admitting fault but their customer service was 10/10, so I'm not fully serious on that last point. We also tried different sim and different handsets too. The problem was 100% between the networks or with id/3, but we never figured out what or why or how. It just fixed itself.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response,  I received a private message from id requesting the numbers effected and suddenly all my missing messages seemed to come through so im guessing they were sitting in limbo somewhere. Just so happened I found a better deal and signed up for a contract and moments after all my missing messages appeared 😕. Pleased you are sorted now though and thanks for your response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sammie1991 

We are happy to hear this has now been resolved now. Feel free to message us for any further issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?