Question

Not receiving text messages

• 6 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Since the weekend I’ve not been receiving a number of text messages. 

BT, my bank, Nectar and Betfair have all tried to send me text messages for verification purposes and not a single one of these text messages have arrived.  In addition a mate confirmed they sent me two text messages on Sunday which did not arrive. 

I used webchat yesterday and they confirmed by device was set up correctly. Therefore it must be a network problem. I’m able to make / recive calls / use mobile data as normal.

I’ve never experienced this problem with o2, Vodafone and 3 prevoulsy.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @CairoKolton, sorry to hear you’re not receiving any texts.

It’s strange that you’re not receiving texts but are able to use other network features. Have you recently ported a number into your iD Mobile line? 

Have you tried to reset the phone’s network settings to see if this resolves the issue? This can be done on most Android devices by going to Settings > General management or System > Reset > Reset network settings.

If you’re still having trouble after this, I’d recommend talking to our Live Chat team again as they’ll be able to raise a Trouble Ticket with our network team so they can investigate the issue further.

Thank you,

Rory

Since the weekend I’ve not been receiving a number of text messages. 

BT, my bank, Nectar and Betfair have all tried to send me text messages for verification purposes and not a single one of these text messages have arrived.  In addition a mate confirmed they sent me two text messages on Sunday which did not arrive. xender omegle

I used webchat yesterday and they confirmed by device was set up correctly. Therefore it must be a network problem. I’m able to make / recive calls / use mobile data as normal.

I’ve never experienced this problem with o2, Vodafone and 3 prevoulsy.

Thank you so much my issue has been solved

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CairoKolton,

Thank you for letting us know!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?