Question

Oppo Phones not provisioned for Volte on ID despite list

• 11 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello. I need to confirm that my ID Mobile SIM is activated for VOLTE/4G calling? For the second time I have purchased a phone from your list of 4G Calling enabled devices, but there is no VOLTE provisioned. I have called Oppo headquarters in Europe and their technical support people cannot understand why VOLTE is not a shown option on my handset, because it is VOLTE capable. I think the ID Mobile end of things is the problem. The phone is an Oppo A72. Yesterday I bought it to replace an Oppo Reno4Z which is also on your approved 4G calling list of phones but it did not work and your agent was not helpful or well informed about the technical issue. Oppo Helpline could not understand why the menu was incomplete and 4G/VOLTE calling was not offered and believe the issue is with the ID Mobile SIM and programming. I updated the software when I received the phone earlier today to the newest version. Can you provide an answer from a technician?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @JBR1 

Please could you confirm where you purchased the phone from? ie ID Mobile, Carphone Warehouse or another retailer?

Thanks. 

Michelle 

It was bought from the Oppo Store on Amazon UK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @JBR1 

The Oppo A72 isn’t on our compatibility list but the Reno is.

This could be due to a firmware issue and due to the handset having incompatible firmware, it’s not showing.

Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do about this. You can try resetting network settings to see if this helps or checking you’re updated to the latest firmware.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?