Solved

phone calls cut out

• 18 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Recently phone calls have been cutting out a few minutes into the call. This has happened three times today, twice when calling the doctors after having waited ages to get through. It’s not the first time it’s done this, this problem has happened before. It’s frustrating to say the least, especially when you are on an important call. I have a full signal, I’m not calling through Wi-Fi. I also find that text messages don’t get through or that they arrive about an hour after they were sent.  I’m very disappointed in the service I’m getting.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 3 February 2021, 11:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Hazel1956,

We are very sorry to hear about those issues. We have had some recent network problems affecting calls on Friday and SMS issues on Saturday but they were both resolved soon after so any further issues may be coverage related. Please can you provide us with your postcode and we’ll check this out further?

Ryan

Hi Ryan, I had a problem with a call on Friday and several text messages on Saturday which I subsequently found out from my daughter we’re due to network issues. To have further issues after that was very frustrating, specially as I was calling the doctors about medical issues and had waited ages to get through.  My postcode is DE7 8HJ.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Super sorry for not having caught this one earlier @Hazel1956 

No known issues recently have been reported to be affecting the DE7 8HJ postcode.  Aside from that network-related text message issue the other weekend back (which has since been resolved).

Have you had further examples of calls or texts failing since your last message?

If so, let us know here and we’ll send you a private message here to take those examples from you and have our Tech Team look into this further.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’ve not had any phone calls dropping out lately.  II know this might be a stupid question but do I need 4G to be switched on to receive text messages? I had a text message sent to me today which didn’t arrive till over two hours later. I was out at the time and got a phone call asking me if I’d received the text. When I got home the text came through. The text was timed at 13.42 but didn’t arrive till 16.06. It was as if it came through as soon as I got back on my WiFi. I might not have had the 4G mobile data switched on. Would that prevent a text coming through? I got the phone call ok.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Hazel1956 

You would not need data to be able to receive a text message.

Are you using an iPhone?

Thanks 

No I have a samsung S8

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Hazel1956 

Thank you for confirming.

Your text message may have been sent to your phone when there was no signal or if your phone has been turned off at any point, whilst you had been out.

If this happens the text message can be delayed reaching you. This can happen on all networks.

If the issue continues, please let us know and we’ll investigate further with our Tech Team.

Thanks

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Just for the record my phone was not turned off and I had a signal because the person sending the text phoned my mobile because I’d not replied. In any event I’ll see if it happens again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Hazel1956,

Please do keep in touch so that we can offer further assistance if required.

Will

Why iD Mobile?