Solved

Phone is locked

• 18 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I closed my original ID account  on 8th September as my old device was broken. I was unable to unlock my new device. I received my PAC code and successfully changed networks on Saturday 14th November to ID. I have put the new Sim card into the phone but am unable to connect to ID. The screen message is asking me for NCK. I am unable to speak with anyone at ID and my account is apparently locked to my previous account. Please help. Jan

icon

Best answer by Ryan 19 November 2020, 16:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @janpoulter1,

Did that phone come from another network beforehand? If our SIM card isn’t working inside of it, the phone is likely to be network locked.

Feel free to send a photo/screenshot of the issue so we can diagnose this further.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

thanks for your really helpful reply. Yes you are right it looks like the phone is locked.

I have requested a NUK online from my previous network supplier. However, I tried to obtain my PAC

online and 6 months later I am still waiting Fingers crossed this time. It can take up to 10 days for the

code to be issued.

Jan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @janpoulter1,

That PAC code situation is strange, it should be fairly instant to get a PAC rather than a 6 month wait. I’d recommend chasing that up.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will,

thanks for your reply. I did chase up obtaining my PAC. We tried to reapply online. The message online gave the automated message that we had already applied.

My daughter went to the nearest store to ask for help. She was told that there wasn’t anything the staff could do.

I applied for the NUC on line on Thursday19/11.I currently haven’t had any reply to my request. I was 

told that it could be up to 10 days for my request to be answered.J

Userlevel 1

Hi ID team,

with reference to my previous message. It is now over a week since I requested my NUC. I haven’t received any reply from my previous network provider except a SMS message today to my landline ,which I couldn’t understand. I have noticed that on the invoice letter from ID, the phone number/contract number is quoted as 07446171814. As I recollect, perhaps wrongly, I requested to keep my old number {also quoted as my work phone in the letter}This is 07467264474.I have tried using my SIM from ID, then inserted my old SIM back into my phone. In spite of help being given from family and friends, I am still unable to use my phone. I would welcome any further suggestions. We are going to try once again to go to the previous provider’s  shop. Thank you. JP1

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @janpoulter1,

Have you already given us the PAC code from your previous provider? We always issue new contracts with their own number from the start so this is why you will see that other number and any ported number will replace this once the port has completed.

Has your previous provider helped further with unlocking your phone too?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan, 

thanks for your message .I have already given my PAC as you suggested. I  have put my sim card from ID into my phone. I have cancelled my Vodafone account. No further help has been given by Vodafone ..The screen message on my phone stated that I needed my  NCK code to proceed. I have no idea how to obtain this code. It apparently means as I am sure you know that my Huawei Y6 2019  phone is blocked.

I have looked online and a web site was charging for unlocking my phone .I was not prepared  to give my card details to an unknown site. In desperation my daughter went to a phone repair shop. I was charged £20 on Sunday 29th November for unlocking my phone which would take 3-5 working days. My daughter received a phone call on 2nd December from the shop asking why she needed the unlock code and we haven’t heard anything else. I donot know what to do. My phone remains blocked and I am unable to use it.

Regards JP1

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @janpoulter1,

Sorry for the delay with getting back in touch here. There isn’t much else we can advise in regards to a phone locked by another provider; I’m surprised Vodafone couldn’t help further if they sold you the phone originally.

Does our SIM card work fine inside another unlocked phone that you may have, just to test that all is well on our side?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan, 

thanks for your message .I have already given my PAC as you suggested. I  have put my sim card from ID into my phone. I have cancelled my Vodafone account. No further help has been given by Vodafone ..The screen message on my phone stated that I needed my  NCK code to proceed. I have no idea how to obtain this code. It apparently means as I am sure you know that my Huawei Y6 2019  phone is blocked.

Regards JP1

Enter NCK code means the phone is locked to a different network than the one the sim comes from. Vodafone has an NUC unlocking code request form online, and it's Vodafone you need to ask if they originally supplied the phone.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

Why iD Mobile?