Solved

Phone Not Charging - Repair Question

• 17 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Samsung A40 which we received in July 2019 and was an upgrade from my existing sim only deal. The phone has stopped charging through lockdown but there was no one to contact and you weren’t accepting phones for repairs. I still can’t see the correct channel to arrange for this apart from iD Community so could someone point me in the right direction as my son has been without his phone for months now and is having to use an old phone we had.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 November 2020, 14:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @D.Cotte 

If the phone is free from physical damage then it should still be under warranty.

If you take the phone in to a local Carphone Warehouse (within a Currys PC World) they will be able to have that sent off for you.

If the phone is notably damaged, physically, then any repair work would be chargeable.

Userlevel 1

Hi I have a Galaxy 50A that is not charging and i can’t take to my local Carphone Warehouse  as they are closed due to the new lockdown can you please advise as i urgently need the phone as it is used for remote working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Terence614,

Have you tried with a different charger?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi have tried different chargers and leads also tried a C port 

headphone and that was dead although audio was ok on phone speaker so thinking something wrong with C port itself

Userlevel 1

Will also to add tried through laptop as well and phone was not recognised. Terry

Userlevel 1

Hi Will

Have you any reply as i’m rather desperate here

Userlevel 1

Hi

I’ve visted the Tottenham court road of PC world wher i got the phone and they tell me nobody is working in a carphone warehouse anywere so i’m unable to hand the phone in to be repared - so how do i get a it repared or get a replacement phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Terence614,

I’m sorry to hear that.

Due to the recent lockdown, our stores have now closed (Curry’s PC world remain open).

You’ll need to contact the manufacturer directly for a repair or wait for the lockdown to end for when stores re-open again.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?